Pinging issues (Timeout)

Hey guys!

I have been suffering from this issue for quite sometime now (about 4 weeks). There's a server I play on, on my free time, whenever I connect to this server now, I get this issue:

Everything just pings 0, and after waiting 3 - 4 seconds, the server restarts and I either get banned or kicked for invalid characters in my user name. And if I managed to bypass this, and actually login and spawn, I timeout again or desync. I've never had this issue before, EVER. That's why I don't know how to deal with it. And I was hoping any expert can help out.

Installation place: C:\Program Files (x86)\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas

What have I tried to solve this issue?

1) ****** the hell out of it, to find a proper solution.
2) Re-install SA-MP
3) Remove ALL mods.
4) Re-install the game (fully).
5) Run the game as admin.
6) Add sa-mp to "trusted" on COMODO and as an exception on windows firewall.
7) Install a new OS (Had Windows 8.1 now Windows 7)
Install a VPN/Proxy and try the game (Same issue)
9) Contact ISP - have a proper internet - now I can download a gb in 10 minutes tops and they've confirmed that my connectivity is fine.
10) Changing installation directory.

UPDATE: The issue occurs in ALL servers.

If it happens with all servers, something is blocking and or most likely dropping the connection. This may be something such as an Antivirus Program or something on your firewalls end / network end.

Try disabling any programs that may control & or interfere with network connections.

Tried that. Nothing changed.

It's your connection for sure.
I reccomend calling your ISP (Internet Service Provider) and contacting support that any server (don't need to mention sa-mp) you lose connection to. Or this could be an issue with Outgoing ports with your router.

To me it seems like a possible issue with router configuration and or rule(s) set by your ISP. You should try contacting them again once more but this time explaining the situation in detail.

Typically though it seems to me like something you can fix on your end. Have you tried completely reinstalling your computer and not just changing the OS?(Assuming you just changed the OS and didn't do a complete reinstall onto the new OS).

I did contacted my ISP and they confirmed that the connectivity is more than fine. I can download a gb in less than 10 minutes. I also got someone from the same country as me, suffering from the same issue. Not as bad as me, he says he can login, but then he stands still for 5 seconds and the whole issue is gone. Mine is way worse than this. I did format the drive before I installed the new OS.

Has your ISP made any attempts to swap out a new router or whatever setup they may have?

They said they don't refund new routers, especially that mine is like 4 years old. TERA NET sort of routers. I will be resetting w/e the settings on it tomorrow, see how that works.

Use a network cable, if not already. More and more people use wireless these days but it sucks balls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
View Post
Use a network cable, if not already. More and more people use wireless these days but it sucks balls.
Does it make the connection more stable, I mean, it doesn't effect the speed one tiny bit