PC issue

I don't know what I did but when I signed out and re-signed in I got a black screen and to my amazement CTRL ALT DEL still worked and I was able to manually open processes, though starting "explorer.exe" did nothing. I have tried many different things to revert it back(no I do not have a backup), though nothing seems to happen. Basically the screen is otherwise black unless I manually open taskbar and start a process.

Before you suggest me it's a windows display setting issue, it's not, I checked the control panel. I also can't even use PRNT+SCRN to paste into paint or anything.

I am running a laptop which is using AMD Raideon 7260G. Thanks!

I have searched abit and I am suspecting an issue with it being on another screen though nothing is connected and I haven't been able to change it using the HP laptop's driver options(using the arrow keys) or the options available in control panel.

Okay, I reinstalled Classic Shell and adjusted some other options and it seems to be fixed(I had just uninstalled Classic Shell before this). Weird, but it's fixed thank god!

I also had the same issue. I installed Windows 10 and when I switch my laptop on, it just loads toooo long and then a black screen. But it only happened a couple of times. Then it just got fixed on its own and I never paid attention to that. However, I am still not sure whether this can happen again. I think I'll look into this issue.
Neverhteless it is great that you found a solution and not waited like me...and thanks for posting your solution