OVH VPS

A lot of members told me to buy a VPS and host my server since all hosts are useless.So i was thinking about choosing OVH.Does OVH provide good services

Yeah they are okay, customer service is not great however! expect to fix your own problems.
Price wize, you cant really beat them though !!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krest
Посмотреть сообщение
Yeah they are okay, customer service is not great however! expect to fix your own problems.
Price wize, you cant really beat them though !!!!
Thanks for the info.

If you go with them, don't go with their "classic" range, go with their "cloud" range; the classic ones are oversold as hell and suck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rymax99
Посмотреть сообщение
If you go with them, don't go with their "classic" range, go with their "cloud" range; the classic ones are oversold as hell and suck.
Are their " SSD " VPS's good ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEATHSTROKE
Посмотреть сообщение
Are their " SSD " VPS's good ?
Yeah, you can run a decent server on a VPS SSD #2 or #3.

Isnt #1 good ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEATHSTROKE
Посмотреть сообщение
Isnt #1 good ?
It's more than you'll ever use if you're running a single SAMP server. I don't see why people here claim it will lag your server. When I ran a poorly optimized gamemode with mysql I never came above using 40% of my allotted resources with a playerbase of around 60.

AFAIK they only supply their new VPS ranges with 64bit OSes so you'll need to fix compatibillity issues by yourself. That and the poor customer support are the only two downsides I can think of. You'll never get a DDoS protected VPS with such specs anywhere else for even near that price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartels
Посмотреть сообщение
It's more than you'll ever use if you're running a single SAMP server. I don't see why people here claim it will lag your server. When I ran a poorly optimized gamemode with mysql I never came above using 40% of my allotted resources with a playerbase of around 60.

AFAIK they only supply their new VPS ranges with 64bit OSes so you'll need to fix compatibillity issues by yourself. That and the poor customer support are the only two downsides I can think of. You'll never get a DDoS protected VPS with such specs anywhere else for even near that price.
One of my friend used to run 60 servers on a 512mb RAM VPS, single core, so probably you're right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael B
Посмотреть сообщение
One of my friend used to run 60 servers on a 512mb RAM VPS, single core, so probably you're right.
Sounds like a great idea.