PHP Error

For some odd reason I can't use PHP to query my server to see if it's online etc. maybe the ports or something are closed, but I'm not sure. Does anyone know what port a website uses or can anyone help me? Thanks in advance

UDP traffic (inbound and/or outbound, not sure) should be allowed in the server your PHP script is running.

You don't think posting the code you're using could possibly assist in troubleshooting, do you?

How can I enable the UDP traffic? And the code has nothing to do with it as it's just a simple query code which nothing can go wrong in, so it obviously to do with ports of some kind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazzy
Посмотреть сообщение
How can I enable the UDP traffic? And the code has nothing to do with it as it's just a simple query code which nothing can go wrong in, so it obviously to do with ports of some kind.
Are you hosting the website by your own (in a VPS for example), or you're using something like CPanel from a Hosting Provider?

I am using a web host that you just upload the files to via a FTP, through the company "1and1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazzy
Посмотреть сообщение
I am using a web host that you just upload the files to via a FTP, through the company "1and1"
I guess you will have to open a ticket with them to know if UDP communication is allowed. One more question, does your PHP script throw an error with the function name on it? If yes, write that in the ticket as well. They are the ones who control the HTTP server/PHP, so they are the ones who can tell you if it's their problem or a problem in your script.

No, the script just says server is offline as it notices there is an error. Thanks for your help guys

btw its socket problem as far as i know i am having same problem and if you ask your host maybe they can enable it for you but mostly i saw off for free host

My host isn't free though, it's paid. I thought it was to do with sockets at first. Thank you all for your help, I'll +rep after 24 hours