Server support question - DDoS

Okay there are many kids which are using DDoSing tools to cause some damage to server ofc. so way to prevent that? Can anyone list few best hosts who can actually prevent that kind of attack?

And getting IP of the attacker doesn't help ofc they're sing IP changer..

VPS from OVH.

The regular OVH anti-DDoS is pretty useless against targets against SA-MP servers. They have a special Game anti-DDoS which works extremely well but you need a dedicated server for it as they don't seem to offer it with VPS.

If the attack is causing you trouble, it's more than likely coming from a botnet, not a single source.

Lots of SA-MP servers use OVH and have decent results with their DDoS protection given the price. As always, if you go OVH, don't get a classic VPS, either get a dedicated server or one of their "cloud" VPS's. NFO is fine as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooman
View Post
The regular OVH anti-DDoS is pretty useless against targets against SA-MP servers. They have a special Game anti-DDoS which works extremely well but you need a dedicated server for it as they don't seem to offer it with VPS.
Or a host that uses those servers but it's extremely rare for SA-MP at the moment.

Okay currently I wasn't informed yet how strong DDoS attack we had but to be honest server had horrible lag which leads into shut down ofc I blame the bad host with 1gb ddos protection, but community wasn't really expecting silly ddosers, okay so speaking of OVH I heard a little about them but guys what about their's support? There are rumors that it's really bad? Any experiences?

-Anyway server is ddosed by angry kids ofc so I believe better host with a lot better ddos protection would prevent that, banning those ppl isn't helping cuz of IP changer stuff etc.. so I'm wondering what's a decent ddos size (GB) protection?

Thank you a lot for answers, tips, etc

OVH Cloud Servers, the best indeed....

One Gigabit of DDoS Protection will do nothing, the server is still "naked", even someone in his house with an upload speed of 50mbit will shutdown your server...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lajko1
View Post
Okay currently I wasn't informed yet how strong DDoS attack we had but to be honest server had horrible lag which leads into shut down ofc I blame the bad host with 1gb ddos protection, but community wasn't really expecting silly ddosers, okay so speaking of OVH I heard a little about them but guys what about their's support? There are rumors that it's really bad? Any experiences?

-Anyway server is ddosed by angry kids ofc so I believe better host with a lot better ddos protection would prevent that, banning those ppl isn't helping cuz of IP changer stuff etc.. so I'm wondering what's a decent ddos size (GB) protection?

Thank you a lot for answers, tips, etc
In the prime time of PR-RP over a year ago I dealt with attacks upwards of 70-80gbps, back early 2015 only hitting 100+ players not even one of the top 100 servers I still ended up receiving attacks up to 40-50gbps. If a attacker has the right equipment and botnet to back themselves up there is no telling how large scale the attack could be. For SA-MP you normally need at least 10gbps of protection nowadays to start off.

Far as OVH goes it really depends on the location for the quality of support. At The American OVH location tickets are normally responded in hours or less and you can call 24/7. The OVH Europe location support is only available Monday to Friday at business hours in their timezone and it is normally a good 2-3 business days for a response from a ticket. Support should not really be needed though, OVH's network never has any problems and unless your hardware crashes you shouldn't need support.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnLedingham
View Post
One Gigabit of DDoS Protection will do nothing, the server is still "naked", even someone in his house with an upload speed of 50mbit will shutdown your server...
Incorrect, actual DDoS Protection would handle it no problem. This of course meaning the filters are designed correctly to handle the service that is being attacked.

Thank you for help I think I will manage to protect the server properly now.

if you cant afford a ddos protection service with your server then ur stuck with iptables, top/htop and whatnot