Problem switching Apple ID location

Hi.

I live in France, but for some reason I sometimes need to switch from the French App Store to the US one in both ways. I do it quite often for now 1 year with no problem. Like 4 days ago, I switched from the French store to the US one, again, no problem. However, today, I want to download an app only available in the French store and so I wanted to move back on it. The problem happens here : when I have to update my billing informations, I can't select the "none" payment option (note that it has been 5 years since I use this Apple ID, and I've never ever linked a credit card to it : I simply don't have one) and so I can't change my country (thus no access to the French store).

I just finished my call with an Apple advisor, and he kept telling me "You have to put your Payment information in order to switch your Apple ID location" for like 20 minutes, even when I told him that I do that regularly for 1 year and I was never asked of a such thing before.

So I ask you, has someone ever expected this problem and successfully solved it ?

Thanks in advance.

Apple Inc./Customer service
0800 107 6285

I've had clients complain about this same thing, I think you're simply stuck using some sort of payment method, even if it's a prepaid debit card or an iTunes card.

@Cookland : I did call them before posting here (I even told it in the first post). Plus this number isn't even a local call from my country.

@Joe Staff : So every single time I wanna switch the location country I would be forced to use a prepaid iTunes card ? If so then that's quite annoying because now I'm stuck with the US store, wiling to download some game to play with friends during vacations and I won't be back home before one week.

@S4t3K: No, just one time.

advice: stop trolling with apple by changing the store each 5 mins

@Wizzard : I don't do it "every 5 min", I just do it when I need it. I usually spend about a month on a store before I need to switch back on the other. This time was and exception and also the only time I got in trouble.

You have always needed a valid payment method in the selected country to switch stores. You're not meant to be able to change whenever you want. Pick your country of residence and stick with it.