What's your forum software?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmet_
Посмотреть сообщение
I always use phpBB. The simple design is nice.

In my opinion, if a forum has a well-made design, then the software behind it shouldn't matter.
In my opinion, the users should be comfortable with it, I feel very comfortable with IPB, and phpBB or XenForo, but MyBB is the style I really don't like to use, I like the forum software that doesn't give the user much limitation (signature size X*X or avatar size maximum X*X) I like the forums where you can customize your profile the way you like, put a background, use emos or gifs (to support gifs as profile avatar), SMF doesn't really have this limit but the fact that you should upgrade to SMF 4.0 to be able to add the [Pawn] BBCode to it just sucks, in my opinion vB and IPB are the best, phpBB is simple and XenForo is just a gorgeous design

I use vBulletin, I picked up a licence from a friend for Ј25, he was no longer in need of it so he sold it me for that price. He transferred the ownership status to my account and it's working without any issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleSmith
Посмотреть сообщение
I use vBulletin, I picked up a licence from a friend for Ј25, he was no longer in need of it so he sold it me for that price. He transferred the ownership status to my account and it's working without any issues.
Nice, I Was looking in to buying a used one actually before i settled for free but the only people i found were scammers.

I use a forum software that is being built from the ground up.

Free
1 - MyBB
2 - SMF
3 - phpBB

Paid
1 - IPB
2 - XenForo
3 - VB (Also running VB will not make your server popular)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potassium
Посмотреть сообщение
I used SMF and phpBB for years and got so sick of them. I use IPB now and it's not amazing, but is definitely a lot better than any free forum software around. You get what you pay for. The free ones are perfectly fine for people who only need basic forum features.
This isn't even remotely true. A free forum can do the same things a paid one can and look just as nice as a paid one. This just shows you had or still have no idea of what you were doing and shouldn't have been running a forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickAttack
Посмотреть сообщение
I use a forum software that is being built from the ground up.
Why? If it's for a SA:MP community, the time it takes to develop a forum could be much better spent, not to mention that security would be more of a concern than using something that's been around for 10 years.

Yet there are still features that free forum software lack, mostly in the profile department. For example, I really like that personal messages are structured like private mini-threads in IPB and that you can even invite other members into it, while other forum software (MyBB) still work on a message-by-message basis, usually involving a lot of RE:RE:RE:RE:RE

I always use SMF.

My community is currently using SMF. We are currently upgrading to myBB. I've been heavily invested in it within the past month. I've created my own custom theme, plugins, and installed many mods. It has been a pleasure to work with and the support for the software is great, considering its free. It's much better than SMF in my opinion and has a ton of more features too.

phpbb always. It's very user friendly, and it goes great with role-play servers.

vBulletin 4.2.3 FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChromeAmazing
Посмотреть сообщение
In my opinion MyBB, XenForo, and IPBoard is just for un-experienced users.

PHP, SMF, and other softwares I feel are more custom but at the same time keeping a simple user friendly interface.
I don't see how MyBB fits in there but XenForo is for when people want Style over Features but with plugins you can get the same features as software's like vBulletin provides without all the bull at least in my experience, I've used vBulletin & Xenforo my personal preference is Xenforo becuase it just looks and feels a lot better and more modern then vBulletin. IPB i've never used and MyBB i'm just starting to use because i really dislike SMF it's ugly same with PHPBB and i prefer something that looks good and works well to "HIGHLY CUSTOMIZABLE FORUM SOFTWARE'S".

Quote:
Originally Posted by rymax99
Посмотреть сообщение
You either had a vulnerable plugin, insecure hosting, an old version of the software, or something of that nature.
What I'm wondering is why their API would even allow vulnerable plugins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingHual
Посмотреть сообщение
What I'm wondering is why their API would even allow vulnerable plugins.
If we are referring to MyBB it doesn't, it will give you a message and like any other software you can choose to ignore it.

Ipboard forums

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayJ™
Посмотреть сообщение
Ipboard forums
Why would you say IPBoard when you don't even use it on the website that's in your sig, you're using MyBB.

SMF is good enough.

Hello,

I love MyBB and SMF forum softwares!

SMF is forsure my goto! Just something about it

SMF and myBB are hands down probably the best free ones, if you have money then buy vBulletin lol.