Mods and change of client

Hey there.
I am currently using version 0.3.7 and I was wondering this:
If I change version will my SAMP fuck up 'cause of the many mods that I've installed?
My mod folder is like 1-2 GB.

I think NO, Just make back-up and try once.

You airbreaker.... /ban /ban

It's recommended to play SA-MP with an unmodded version of SA. Leaving aside the unfair advantage/cheating/likelyhood of being banned issues, mods will usually cause you to crash regularly.

You could install a vanilla copy for SA-MP and keep your modded copy for SP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si|ent
Посмотреть сообщение
It's recommended to play SA-MP with an unmodded version of SA. Leaving aside the unfair advantage/cheating/likelyhood of being banned issues, mods will usually cause you to crash regularly.

You could install a vanilla copy for SA-MP and keep your modded copy for SP
For those type persons. Many Server's owners are facing problems . using S**b*t, CLEO , Anti Ban , AimBot and much more, Which can harm a server. There should be a simple things like MTA:Sa doing . The sytem is detect modded .dll and .asi from gtasa root . So no one can use Hacks or other cheats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFahim
Посмотреть сообщение
For those type persons. Many Server's owners are facing problems . using S**b*t, CLEO , Anti Ban , AimBot and much more, Which can harm a server. There should be a simple things like MTA:Sa doing . The sytem is detect modded .dll and .asi from gtasa root . So no one can use Hacks or other cheats.
This has been brought up many times, it's always been the same answer "No". You can detect most modifications through the data the client sends the server and the data accessible through PAWN. Modifications that cause harm such as crashing players un-patchable through PAWN or a plugin are usually patched in updates.

No .asi means no mods at all...and no fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abagail
Посмотреть сообщение
This has been brought up many times, it's always been the same answer "No". You can detect most modifications through the data the client sends the server and the data accessible through PAWN. Modifications that cause harm such as crashing players un-patchable through PAWN or a plugin are usually patched in updates.
Yup you are right. But, i am talking about client.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hable
Посмотреть сообщение
No .asi means no mods at all...and no fun.
Those for kids. No Good SA-MP player are using any .asi or any mods ( harmful) for play . Fun came from Server script and base, not from harmful things

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFahim
Посмотреть сообщение
Yup you are right. But, i am talking about client.
Modifications come from the client, don't they? The client sends information to the server that can be used to detect if a player may have a modification.

For example, the old ****** issue where the camera rotated down when frozen was detected by freezing the player & checking if their camera angle went downwards around 4 seconds later with no alteration whatsoever to the client to prevent the modification.

I am not using any kind of hacks..Jesus christ, don't go off-topic please.
All I have is vehicles, skins, guns and some enviroment mods.
I have no advantages since my FPS are locked to 60.
Can someone answer my question?If yes, good - if not, please do NOT reply.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Modifications come from the client, don't they? The client sends information to the server that can be used to detect if a player may have a modification.
That's like saying that a client's weapon data changing to have a minigun is the client "telling the server" that they've just cheated to get a minigun.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
For example, the old ****** issue where the camera rotated down when frozen was detected by freezing the player & checking if their camera angle went downwards around 4 seconds later with no alteration whatsoever to the client to prevent the modification.
That's not the client sending information about their modifications. That was a weird unintentional side effect of that cheat which scripters caught on to and which was later fixed in the cheat.