How many slots can i have?

Hy everyone, i'm going to rent a VDS to open a big project with some server with Role Play Gamemodes.

So, host machine is:
CPU: Intel Core I3
Network: 1000 Mbps (1 Gbps) / Bandwidth: 100 TB Metered with 5 ip adresses
AntiDDOS Included.
RAM: 8GB
SSD 120 GB;

Every server i'm going to open with 1000 slots. So, how many server can i host? I think, i'll can host 3 servers, but i ask you.

Thanks everyone for the reply

Why do you need 1000 slots? Do you really think you are going to fill up a new server with 1000 players?

You'll better host more 100 slots server. However, it is not good to predict what's the limit, because each SA-MP server consumes performance depending on what plugins runs, what's the lenght of the gamemode, how many objetcs do stream and also, what's the number of connected players and NPCs.
Judging by your device, I think you could support 1000 players online at once with no lag (depends on the server though, as I said above).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael B
Посмотреть сообщение
You'll better host more 100 slots server. However, it is not good to predict what's the limit, because each SA-MP server consumes performance depending on what plugins runs, what's the lenght of the gamemode, how many objetcs do stream and also, what's the number of connected players and NPCs.
Judging by your device, I think you could support 1000 players online at once with no lag (depends on the server though, as I said above).
why only one server? Not enough Bandwidth? Or server hardware is bad?

I'm being skeptical here, but do you really think you can gather 3000 players together at any one point in time?

You can have 3,000 slots or you can have ten slots. It'd just lag the fuck out though (:

Set it to something reasonable and monitor usage from there. No one can tell you for sure what the server can handle, there are too many variables.

Unless your GM is optimized as hell and you are not running massive plugins like mySQL than no you can't hold 3000 actual players on that system. The MySQL system itself is going to use a bunch of resources, adding lets say about 500 to 1000 concurrent connections of 3000 actual players (if the GM is optimized of course to not save every second) would still be extreme killer on the resources for mySQL alone for example and would eat up your CPU and RAM.

Add the fact that most RP gamemodes require a lot of resources and code I can expect your GMs to not be able to hold 3000 players on a simple Core I3.

To be completely honest the specs provided can host likely about 2000 actual players on the server far as SA-MP is concerned. This of course depending on how well things are scripted and optimized and what is actually used. As stated adding a local mySQL server and more just makes it eat more resources. This is also based on the fact you have the full CPU so at least two cores, if you have only one core I could only say 1000 actual players max if things are done correctly again as explained. If you are not extremely experienced in optimizing the gamemode and did not create it straight from scratch than I would say likely 300-400 actual players max far as one CPU core is concerned.

A famous mistake that 1000 slot hosters usually do: Just think about what the server can handle. 1000 slot servers are usless in the aspect that CLIENTS will have trouble playing in areas where many players are streamed in.
Forget about your playerslot epenis and be a reasonable hoster - dont host 1000 slot servers if you dont know what youre doing.
Even if you dont expect to have 1000 players online at the same time, the more slots there are available, the more ressources the server uses. Use a realistic amount of slots, increase slots if needed, and split the server if its really needed.

The amount of players connected isn't the definitive question with resource usage of SA-MP servers. A server with 300 players could easily out-perform one with 10 players if the gamemode & plugins aren't optimized.

In essence, with your hardware, assuming your scripts are optimized correctly, you could have as many player slots as you want.