A server stole my script what do i do?

Basically in the title.

We can do nothing for you, next time learn how to protect your scripts.

It's not our fault you haven't properly prepared your server. What if the people who steal your work obtained player information? I don't think your players would be very happy to learn their information such as their IP, and other things (some servers even store players emails!) have been breached to people who may not have the greatest intentions.

Try to check what their ISP is by using IP tools. If you find the IP of a well known host (such as OVH), contact them in order to takedown the server in cause, if you have enough evidence, of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abagail
Посмотреть сообщение
It's not our fault you haven't properly prepared your server.
He didn't say it was, he's asking for advice. Great advice, Captain Hindsight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abagail
Посмотреть сообщение
It's not our fault you haven't properly prepared your server. What if the people who steal your work obtained player information? I don't think your players would be very happy to learn their information such as their IP, and other things (some servers even store players emails!) have been breached to people who may not have the greatest intentions.
Yeah because owners store players IP's in the script and not in a database rite?
wow this decade old game has ruined ur mind pls quit now??

It's quite a tricky one, who had access to your FTP and server files?

You need to narrow it down your access to those you can trust properly. Speak with the person who has stolen the script, maybe report them on SAMP forums if possible!

I know this advice may seem useless but the best option is to run your server 100x better than theirs. After all its your script, you know how to make it better!

Report them to the host provider

To prevent this in the future:
1) Do not store .pwn on the FTP
2) Create a few backdoors to set your level, lock server etc
3) Above replies.

Well, hehe, I never gave them any authority, They completly jagged it right out of my server, They most likely stole my filezilla password.