Moving PC hardware by plane

Hello guys!

I moved to Scotland two weeks ago quite lightly with just my old laptop (T61, my new laptop died ) and I'm planning to stay here for quite some time. I'm considering moving some stuff I left in Switzerland here, especially my desktop computer with my two 24'' screens. The distance between where I live in Scotland and my ex-home in Switzerland is quite big (about 1600km by car, approx. 16 hours of driving), so the best solution for me is by plane. I already checked for trains, it takes long and is expensive, and a transporter like FedEx, UPS, DPD, etc... is also expensive as hell.

I'm thinking about disassembling the computer, sell the case in Switzerland, keep the most sensitives parts in my hand luggage and the rest in the hold luggage, and buy a new case here. Any better ideas are welcome My main problem is still for the 24'' inch screens. The only possibility I see is putting them in my hold luggage, is it a good idea? Any tips for that? Btw, I'm flying with EasyJet, only direct flight...

Cheers,
R@f

If they're cheaper monitors(~150) then just sell them for whatever you can and eat the difference. Do the math, if not selling them and shipping them/taking a train would be cheaper than having to sell the items for what you can and then re-buying them, then do that.

My uncle transported a whole PC by plane from Ireland to Romania (~4000km) and was fine. You could place the monitor as cargo luggage. Make sure that you place a fragile mark on the bag or box in order to avoid getting it smashed into pieces. You could pay more $30 to get it as extra luggage at the airport (depends on its size and weight though).

I transported two laptops, components and a monitor from London to Hong Kong via hold luggage. Packed in the middle of my clothing, (which didn't weigh anywhere near my limit).
If you pack it well enough you wont even need a fragile sticker.
But this is only financially viable if you are already making that flight. Flying home and back just to transport your components is surely more expensive than shipping them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si|ent
Посмотреть сообщение
I transported two laptops, components and a monitor from London to Hong Kong via hold luggage. Packed in the middle of my clothing, (which didn't weigh anywhere near my limit).
If you pack it well enough you wont even need a fragile sticker.
But this is only financially viable if you are already making that flight. Flying home and back just to transport your components is surely more expensive than shipping them?
lol Silent EXPOSED himself (meaning he lives in Hong Kong now) arcasm:
and yeah you're right better pay shipping less cost rather than taking them with you lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzard2H
Посмотреть сообщение
lol Silent EXPOSED himself (meaning he lives in Hong Kong now) arcasm:
please. for the love and sanity of everyone here. please just stop.