Game is kinda laggy

Hello there, I recently bought GTA V for my laptop and when I started the game I put the resolution to 1366*(I don't remember) and in the prologue, it was fine, 30 fps, everything was pretty good

In Los santos I get 10-20 fps on 1366*...., the weird thing is, even when I put it on 800*600 it's still the same, 10-20 fps, I asked some people and they said I need to upgrade my ram to 8, some other said I need to upgrade my cpu

My laptop specs:

Inter Core i3 M 370 @ 2.40GHz
ATI Radeon 5650 mobility HD graphics Direcx 11
4GB Ram

You need a better processor, a better graphics card, and upgrade to 8 gig of ram so you'll have enough ram without worrying that your laptop uses it all. Basically what made you think you can run a modern game with a middle class laptop that can only run BF2 smoothly if you don't have an HP laptop I suggest either to buy a console or buy a new PC with modern specs.

4 GB of RAM is absolutely fine for GTA V, it's everything else that's not great. Your CPU is really old and your graphics card is really old. I'm guessing you have a laptop, so your upgrade options are basically "buy a new laptop".

Quote:
Originally Posted by ev0lution
Посмотреть сообщение
4 GB of RAM is absolutely fine for GTA V
In fact, it's not.
I've got a I5, with a nvidia gt 740M, and when I was with 4GB ram, GTA V after a while would start crashing(Out of resources)
Since I've upgraded to 12GB Ram, the game didn't crashed anymore.
I'm running with everything on max settings, besides vertical sync and anti alias.
Getting ~34 fps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWMPT
Посмотреть сообщение
In fact, it's not.
I've got a I5, with a nvidia gt 740M, and when I was with 4GB ram, GTA V after a while would start crashing(Out of resources)
I'm running with everything on max settings, besides vertical sync and anti alias.
Getting ~34 fps.
I have been running GTA V on max settings with 4 GB of RAM since it was released and haven't had any problems - my graphics card also has 4 GB of memory though so it's probably shared.

Regardless, this would not be OP's problem because you would only go anywhere near 4 GB if you had most graphics settings set very high. And even then, crashing because you've run out of memory is completely different to generally having a low framerate. Relentlessly adding more RAM will not help if you can't run the game smoothly at 800x600.

Update your drivers to latest 15.7 one from official AMD site and you can also get Intel drivers from Intel site, or get the Leshcat UnifL drivers which is an alternative laptop drivers for AMD + Intel laptops with loads of bug fixes (and yes their drivers are certified, and they're for both Intel and AMD).

Also, I should recommend using Guru3D's DDU tool to uninstall both Intel and AMD driver in safe mode, then simply install any of those new drivers one by one. (Go to safe mode, use DDU fo Intel first, then AMD, reboot normally, install Intel drivers, reboot, install AMD drivers, reboot.)

If you've any other issue, let me know through PM since I've been installing/testing GPU drivers stuff since GTA V was released. My laptop is able to run the game perfectly on ~35-40 FPS which is having an Intel Core-i5, 8GB DDR3 (I recently upgraded it, 6GB should be enough), AMD Radeon HD 7650M (2GB) and Intel HD Display 4000.

Oh, I should also tell you one more thing, according to the R* Support users, Leshcat forum community members and few of the Redditors confirmed that Windows 10 GPU WHQL drivers significantly improved GTA V performance on 75% laptops, you can upgrade your Windows to 10, then let Windows Update install their drivers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWMPT
Посмотреть сообщение
In fact, it's not.
Getting ~34 fps.
Yes, since x64 uses more resources, there would be just 2000MB left. Running with 4GB should be close to impossible, but with the recent updates it may be possible, but expect 90% usage.

You will need to upgrade your CPU and GPU, GTX 750 is good enough for GTA (It's Graphics Card) and you can use Intel Core i5 as a processor, but since you are using Laptop, you cannot replace these things, so it's better to buy another laptop or a new PC, PC is better for gaming, you will be able to upgrade anything you want.

It's a laptop unfortunately, I forgot to mention, fuck upgrading it, I guess I should keep using ps4

Btw thanks, for replying, you really helped me

And No it's way better than that , it can run tf2 smoothly

buid a gaming pc
I Fucked up myself like that I had money to build a good gaming pc .. but I didn't think about . I bought a trash "NOT A PC" when I buyed Gta V
it was laggy
after some months .. last weed I builded a gaming pc now I can play on ultra with 3 Video cards

I have a laptop with the exact same graphics card and RAM, and a neary identical CPU (M 350). Trust me, GTA V is not playable, even if you overclock your graphics card like I did.