What's the average age of players of SA-MP nowadays ?

I'm not really enjoying it like when i was a teenager, almost all old people i know move on with their lives...
weird.. maybe that's how life was meant to be...and life goes on.
I'm 22 by the way, what about you ?
There is something inside me, that i don't know what it is that push out from the games life...i'm going good with my life as far as now.....but it seems weird i don't care anymore i got more than 1000 Games between PS3 and PS1 and PS2 and Xbox 360 and the Wii and the PS4 and i don't get it....It's like i don't like to be a slave to video games anymore, and especially after my economie knowledge precisely the Marketing subject, i feel like it's not about Fans following characters and stuff but these big companies, all they want from you is to erase your bank account and for good. so i ^personally have decided to not mess with any other game that it's not worth it.
I played a game recently that really marked something inside of my heart which i can't forget and this game was The last of us, since than i don't wanna play anything anymore it sounds weird isn't ?

I'd say 10-14 year-old, admin status hungry dudes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Tony
View Post
I'm not really enjoying it like when i was a teenager, almost all old people i know move on with their lives...
weird.. maybe that's how life was meant to be...and life goes on.
I'm 22 by the way, what about you ?
There is something inside me, that i don't know what it is that push out from the games life...i'm going good with my life as far as now.....but it seems weird i don't care anymore i got more than 1000 Games between PS3 and PS1 and PS2 and Xbox 360 and the Wii and the PS4 and i don't get it....It's like i don't like to be a slave to video games anymore, and especially after my economie knowledge precisely the Marketing subject, i feel like it's not about Fans following characters and stuff but these big companies, all they want from you is to erase your bank account and for good. so i ^personally have decided to not mess with any other game that it's not worth it.
I played a game recently that really marked something inside of my heart which i can't forget and this game was The last of us, since than i don't wanna play anything anymore it sounds weird isn't ?
*clap clap* When you grow in age you change, you mature and activities that you have done before are not enjoyable, I am still 16 and lost complete interest in games to play a single game I force myself to do so.(I remember the days when I used to waste my life playing samp in roleplay servers).

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLored
View Post
*clap clap* When you grow in age you change, you mature and activities that you have done before are not enjoyable, I am still 16 and lost complete interest in games to play a single game I force myself to do so.(I remember the days when I used to waste my life playing samp in roleplay servers).
True, life is more great than being wasted in videogames, now i've learned something in the economy studies, that some great reasearchers have made in there life which would be very helpful, i now understand why people can't make there servers famous and full of players... they never know what are the strategies that they should follow...maybe now i could make a server more famous and achieve a big amount of players....But nevermind....what so ever we grew up of this...But seriously talking actuelly i've learned something in samp... i've managed to learn languages....i can't believe it.. i couldn't know the difference between now and know...but look at this improvement, all of this...thanks to samp servers, and to the players i met over samp servers...especially roleplay ones...it was a good time though, that maybe will never be seen again...but there is something inside me that keeps saying i need to improve my self a little much further... look we have over 10000 players on Russian side of SAMP and we have More than 800 players on the spanish side... all of this is the brightside and it could be helpful, i'm looking forward to learn Spanish and Russian...Hmmm who knows we might meet up with our dream's queen... what ever... how is my english now ? how does it seems by now ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Tony
View Post
True, life is more great than being wasted in videogames, now i've learned something in the economy studies, that some great reasearchers have made in there life which would be very helpful, i now understand why people can't make there servers famous and full of players... they never know what are the strategies that they should follow...maybe now i could make a server more famous and achieve a big amount of players....But nevermind....what so ever we grew up of this...But seriously talking actuelly i've learned something in samp... i've managed to learn languages....i can't believe it.. i couldn't know the difference between now and know...but look at this improvement, all of this...thanks to samp servers, and to the players i met over samp servers...especially roleplay ones...it was a good time though, that maybe will never be seen again...but there is something inside me that keeps saying i need to improve my self a little much further... look we have over 10000 players on Russian side of SAMP and we have More than 800 players on the spanish side... all of this is the brightside and it could be helpful, i'm looking forward to learn Spanish and Russian...Hmmm who knows we might meet up with our dream's queen... what ever... how is my english now ? how does it seems by now ?
What strategies? SA:MP (in-game) is full of fucked up people. You cannot even enjoy yourself on any server anymore, which is why SA:MP and GTA:SA was even made, to provide fun. And its purpose to fullfil is not doing it anymore for everyone, except newcomers.

The reason why new servers do not stand a chance against old establishments is because old players cbf to join any new communities and new players are just too damn ignorant to a point where their interests aren't in the game anymore, but what they can do to others and show off.

probably like 14... whatever the forum says

I stopped SA-MP at the age of 16, just got boring & yeah other games got boring for me too. The only games I play are the ones trending for xbox and easier to finish, back then I'd play for over 10 hours now those 10 hours are spent on studying and socializing *Achievement unlocked: Get a life* xD I I did meet a few people who were over 20 playing regularly which shocked me

Well, I'll turn 17 tomorrow. I guess that this is the last holiday when I'm paying video games. I gotta graduate high school and move on with my life. However I find SA-MP to be very interesting. Thanks to roleplaying I improved a lot my English language and also I acquired knowledge about american history, geography, life style and a lot more.
Regarding the age of players, i think the average is 15 years.

On actual servers I think the average age has increased a bit, just because kids go with the current trend in gaming, and the only people that are still interested in samp are older people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeLiOn_PrImE
View Post
On actual servers I think the average age has increased a bit, just because kids go with the current trend in gaming, and the only people that are still interested in samp are older people.
After 7 years in SA-MP I've experienced the extreme opposite. Older people becoming inactive due to real life commitments and interest in newer games and young people coming in. I think the average age is 14-17.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickAttack
View Post
I'd say 10-14 year-old, admin status hungry dudes.
Admin status hungry, so true

10-20, easily. I know servers who ban people under 14 though, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickAttack
View Post
What strategies? SA:MP (in-game) is full of fucked up people. You cannot even enjoy yourself on any server anymore, which is why SA:MP and GTA:SA was even made, to provide fun. And its purpose to fullfil is not doing it anymore for everyone, except newcomers.

The reason why new servers do not stand a chance against old establishments is because old players cbf to join any new communities and new players are just too damn ignorant to a point where their interests aren't in the game anymore, but what they can do to others and show off.
Yeah exactly what SickAttack said number of trolls in sa-mp is too damn high and fucked up severs etc lol
I'd say averge age of samp players is around 15-20

Attach a poll. Use birth years (e.g. 1991) instead of current age (e.g. 24) so the poll will remain valid a few years down the line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
View Post
Attach a poll. Use birth years (e.g. 1991) instead of current age (e.g. 24) so the poll will remain valid a few years down the line.
DING-DING!

Good point, at least then rather us guessing peoples ages, we'd actually be able to see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drebin
View Post
After 7 years in SA-MP I've experienced the extreme opposite. Older people becoming inactive due to real life commitments and interest in newer games and young people coming in. I think the average age is 14-17.
same. most older players moved on ... i agree. even i stopped playing like last year.. after like 4 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookland
View Post
ban people under 14 though
That's the way to do it, although there are some young players that act really mature

SA-MP gives a feeling of nostalgia and this would be appealing to more older people, so probably about 14-17, like Drebin said. Lots of younger kids now-a-days are more interested in CoD, GTA: V, shit like that, and no kids pay attention to the "old but gold" games such as GTA:SA. So yeah, probably about 14-17 or maybe older.

About 6-7 years ago, if anyone would've tried to tell me that my interest in games would waver, I'd have laughed at them while staring at my laptop screen, driving a cheetah down SFPD. And now... I have a beast of a PC and tons of games.. and I've not played one! How times change! The very best of luck to SA-MP

14-17 seems to be the average age. Many people discovered SA-MP when they were too young to play it.

I discovered SA-MP when I was only 11, and I'm 17 now, which is the age requirement for this game in my country. Most people expected me to be much older than that, which to their surprise I wasn't. My interest for this game is very low nowadays.