SQL Query lag

So there's been an issue i've been having for some time, for example I have an admin command that gives a player a vehicle. And that command sends a query to insert it into the database and once the query is finished a callback is called to set up the needed info in-game. I sometimes encounter lag spikes that have a delay on the query and the query will have a three seconds delay before the cache gets called. My question is, is there a way to prevent that delay by like preventing the query from being executed again not until it has been executed successfully.

Are you using the MyISAM engine by any chance? Try switching to InnoDB. MyISAM uses table level locking which may be a problem in case of lots of concurrent inserts. InnoDB uses row level locking making this much less of a problem.

Your original inquiry can be solved by setting a variable when the query is sent and unsetting it when it has been processed.

I am using InnoDB but the problem still persists sometimes even though the sql server is hosted on my computer, so setting a variable would solve it you say?

I actually fixed it by using mysql_pquery instead of mysql_tquery as pquery sends simultaneous queries.