[FilterScript] sampctrl - Show your server's changelog easily (/updates)

Awesome!

NICE!!

good job!

nice keep it up

Hi guys, thought I might post this information that a member asked me.

Quote:

It's possible to change the text for change, additions, fixes, etc. Use this PHP script:
https://gist.github.com/zeelorenc/f3ce6e2ac0c2d288c377

It should work.

This scripts allow you to make a signature like mine, which displays changes as an image:

Quote:

Here is the script for the image one as well:
https://gist.github.com/zeelorenc/091796d5597b7103e3f7

I will officially post it maybe on my GitHub. https://github.com/zeelorenc/RevCTRL
Thank you for the comments once again! PM me any inquiries

lorenc I need your help If you please

I've actually used this and it's quite handy.

The one thing I would say is that the PHP output shouldn't be grouped by category, it should be grouped by time added.

Also, the categories should be coloured in groups as grey looks pretty bland when ingame.

Sorry for the late response!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ammar2514
View Post
lorenc I need your help If you please
HMU with a message

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleSmith
View Post
I've actually used this and it's quite handy.

The one thing I would say is that the PHP output shouldn't be grouped by category, it should be grouped by time added.

Also, the categories should be coloured in groups as grey looks pretty bland when ingame.
That's why it's open-source, that way you can modify it to how you like it.

You can play with PHP's sort functions and whatnot - I haven't had much time to improve it but I'll see what I can do tomorrow.

The reason why it is ordered by category/type is only because it looks more concise to readers, at least I feel that way with my players. It'll be ordered by category/type and time as well, soon, hopefully.

Thanks!

This comes for me on compiling
E:\CNRSF\filterscripts\RevCTRL.pwn(43) : error 001: expected token: "-string end-", but found "-identifier-"
E:\CNRSF\filterscripts\RevCTRL.pwn(43) : error 037: invalid string (possibly non-terminated string)
E:\CNRSF\filterscripts\RevCTRL.pwn(43) : warning 215: expression has no effect
E:\CNRSF\filterscripts\RevCTRL.pwn(43) : error 001: expected token: ";", but found ")"
E:\CNRSF\filterscripts\RevCTRL.pwn(43) : fatal error 107: too many error messages on one line

Compilation aborted.Pawn compiler 3.2.3664 Copyright © 1997-2006, ITB CompuPhase

4 Errors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManGoe
View Post
This comes for me on compiling
E:\CNRSF\filterscripts\RevCTRL.pwn(43) : error 001: expected token: "-string end-", but found "-identifier-"
E:\CNRSF\filterscripts\RevCTRL.pwn(43) : error 037: invalid string (possibly non-terminated string)
E:\CNRSF\filterscripts\RevCTRL.pwn(43) : warning 215: expression has no effect
E:\CNRSF\filterscripts\RevCTRL.pwn(43) : error 001: expected token: ";", but found ")"
E:\CNRSF\filterscripts\RevCTRL.pwn(43) : fatal error 107: too many error messages on one line

Compilation aborted.Pawn compiler 3.2.3664 Copyright © 1997-2006, ITB CompuPhase

4 Errors.
Copy the filterscript again and compile. You probably edited some things that you shouldn't have.

Otherwise, show the line of the error.

Sweet, nice one

RevCTRL for SA-MP - v1.1

If you are using the default URL disclosed in the filterscript, you neither need to worry about it because it will automatically be updated for you. The filterscript does not have to be updated but it would be ideal to do so.

Additions
  • Recently added revisions are listed separately from the old revisions.
  • A lot of explanations/comments have been added in revctrl.php.
  • Adds a revision type array within revctrl.php to adjust/translate wording.
  • Adds /changes, a command alias to /updates.
Changes
  • Shifts some confusing code to the bottom of the filterscript, it should look more simple now.
Fixes
  • If no project information can be fetched then it will say so, instead of saying nothing.
Stay up to date with all changes of RevCTRL for SA-MP on RevCTRL!

Nice! Woah so useful man! Thanks

I've been a bit curious to see if it would be worth adding a feature to check the list of changelogs for a project. Let me know what you think.

To me it sounded a little like it would be unused, I might be adding a feature to pretty much search a revision and check which version it came from (using dialogs in-game). [helps players realise when a bug was fixed or feature has been added]

Thanks for the comments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorenc_
View Post
I've been a bit curious to see if it would be worth adding a feature to check the list of changelogs for a project. Let me know what you think.

To me it sounded a little like it would be unused, I might be adding a feature to pretty much search a revision and check which version it came from (using dialogs in-game). [helps players realise when a bug was fixed or feature has been added]

Thanks for the comments.
Sounds grate but, /news or /updates is just to see the updates of the newest version so it might be kinda useless

Btw, how can I get that image in your signature with the changelog?

Very good... = )

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretBoss
View Post
Sounds grate but, /news or /updates is just to see the updates of the newest version so it might be kinda useless

Btw, how can I get that image in your signature with the changelog?
Useless to some without doubt, but very useful for people like me with over 50 curious players after each update. I can also see what I added so I know exactly what to do next (since I make updates every now and then).

Check this post to get a signature like mine: http://forum.sa-mp.com/showpost.php?...4&postcount=25

It is plain OFC, but simple enough to allow you to modify it as you wish

Thanks for comments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorenc_
View Post
Useless to some without doubt, but very useful for people like me with over 50 curious players after each update. I can also see what I added so I know exactly what to do next (since I make updates every now and then).

Check this post to get a signature like mine: http://forum.sa-mp.com/showpost.php?...4&postcount=25

It is plain OFC, but simple enough to allow you to modify it as you wish

Thanks for comments
Where am I supposed to upload that file to get the image?

Great

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretBoss
View Post
Where am I supposed to upload that file to get the image?
On your own webserver. Otherwise:

http://irresistiblegaming.com/change...ctrl.php?id=78

change the ID with your project ID then use it in [/IMG] tags. It wont be the exact same as mine however.