Steam question

Hey, If I buy a game on steam and already have the black box version of it, will steam allow me to play? Or I'll have to download it from steam?

Yeah, you can play it even if you have a pirated version of it if you add it to your steam through "Add non steam games", but you will have to download the original steam game to play it on steams community because the pirated one will have couple of files missing, mostly the ones that have license verifications.

yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arastair
Посмотреть сообщение
Hey, If I buy a game on steam and already have the black box version of it, will steam allow me to play? Or I'll have to download it from steam?
If by "black box" you meant pirated, yes, it is possible.

When Steam asks you to select where would you like to download the game, browse to folder where you have pirated game installed. Steam will verify all the game files and will download only the ones missing or corrupted/modified. (if it's pirated, then it will download only *.exe file and some *.dll's)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arastair
Посмотреть сообщение
Hey, If I buy a game on steam and already have the black box version of it
The uninstall the black box version and buy the proper game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spmn
Посмотреть сообщение
If by "black box" you meant pirated, yes, it is possible.

When Steam asks you to select where would you like to download the game, browse to folder where you have pirated game installed. Steam will verify all the game files and will download only the ones missing or corrupted/modified. (if it's pirated, then it will download only *.exe file and some *.dll's)
No no, It's not pirated, A black box version is a version when they delete other languages and unneeded stuff from the game

In this case Steam will download missing files (language files)

I think it'd be messy if you did. Just download the game directly off your Steam library?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorenc_
Посмотреть сообщение
I think it'd be messy if you did. Just download the game directly off your Steam library?
Yeah, I thought it would be messy, steam will be fucked up

I guess I should download it directly from steam