Shit server = Players

So what's the deal with getting players these days?

Do you just have to use the same old idea that's been done a million times and write a shitty script and boom you have players?

That's the way it seems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gappy
View Post
So what's the deal with getting players these days?

Do you just have to use the same old idea that's been done a million times and write a shitty script and boom you have players?

That's the way it seems
Making the server appear on the Hosted list,IMO.

If you run a RP server than just put [REFUNDING] tag and you will get shit ton of players :3

Or create something very different, which is difficult these days. SA-MP is saturated with unique ideas to a point where it's difficult to come up with anything that hasn't been done.

A lot of freeroam/"stunt" (randomly-placed ramps and roads in the air don't really constitute stunts)/race/DM gamemodes are based on the SFSF/SFSE gamemodes developed by AndreT. They even keep a lot of the more apparent features, e.g the textdraws. There's one textdraw at the bottom that shows the amount of players in each minigame, which allows you to instantly identify the gamemode the server is based on. Seems as though people are too lazy to create their own servers, so they just edit other codes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gappy
View Post
Yes. There's so much fuss about being "unique" but in reality players don't want change. They want everything to be the same so that they can get an advantage over other player by already knowing all the locations and the secret stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
View Post
Yes. There's so much fuss about being "unique" but in reality players don't want change. They want everything to be the same so that they can get an advantage over other player by already knowing all the locations and the secret stuff.
I think it's about finding a perfect mix between all the features that people are used to, and newer features that people haven't seen before.

Noobs, Noobs Everywhere.

There some noobs, ( Newbie ) Who create a server stand doing shits to everywhere. For that, Many good server cannot be rise. There some Phillipians kids, who is doing this ( Please don't take it any rude. I just put my opinion ) . They gather in a cafe and doing sh** to all.

I agree. I can't understand why people join servers that have little to no effort put into. Especially all these NG edits.

Why bother anymore is my attitude. Let the copycats roll along and watch them burn. At this point, if you're considering starting a server, and spending any amount of money/time on development(especially starting a script from scratch), I think you're insane. The SA-MP English community really seems to just be dead at this point, everyone has moved on to CS:GO, H1Z1, Rocket League, etc. - games with less bullshit and better game play experience.

It's simple.

Disrespect your players, ban those who question you, ban those who disagree with your management style & don't listen to the players. This seems to be a great way to get players.