New PC

I recently racked up the money to buy myself a new PC i have been running on a laptop for about a year and a half now because my old desktop was watercooled and the tubes weren't properly connected leading to a big bright flash in my room burning the pc.

Here are my new specs
i7 3.5GHz Six Core i7-5930K
Gigabyte X99M Gaming 5 Motherboard
16GB Kingston HyperX Fury DDR4 2133MHz (2x8GB)
4GB AMD Radeon R9 380 (x2)
(2x) Samsung 850 EVO SSD
CORSAIR 850W RM SERIES
with a InWIN 703 Mid Tower Case

it's a BIG change from this

AMD E-300 APU with Radeon HD Graphics 1.30GHz

I thought having two graphics cards would give me the advantage of not having to buy a new graphics card for about two and a half years (if the workload between the two GPUs is shared). What do you think about having two graphics cards?

Buy the single most powerful card you can afford. If that's still not enough power then you can plop in another one of those down the line.

If i would have gone for the i7-5820k 3.3GHz not the i7-5930K 3.5GHz i might have had enough money to do that it's something ill consider in the future though.

Why the fuck would you get 2x380s with a budget this big? I'm assuming you wanna do 4K so the two 390s would be your best bet.

EDIT: You post why didn't show up until after I posted.

Don't go for dual GPU setup. Buying a single one has its own pros, but with dual it's fine too since they tend to be more better and faster than a single GPU but upgrading them is really costly, they will take more power, temperature issues (but that could be solved with coolers), CrossFire/SLI not supported by few of the games and if they're capable of running the game, either they will run choppy or really great on dual GPU setup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldo.
Посмотреть сообщение
Why the fuck would you get 2x380s with a budget this big? I'm assuming you wanna do 4K so the two 390s would be your best bet.

EDIT: You post why didn't show up until after I posted.
Yes 4K was the reason i also bought two Samsung U28D590D 4K monitors for it.

Anyone who wants to ask "How did i afford this" i have been working really hard as an electrician for the past year that payed me about Ј35 to Ј40 depending on the effort. Plus my parents helped me out a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iZN
Посмотреть сообщение
Don't go for dual GPU setup. Buying a single one has its own pros, but with dual it's fine too since they tend to be more better and faster than a single GPU but upgrading them is really costly, they will take more power, temperature issues (but that could be solved with coolers), CrossFire/SLI not supported by few of the games and if they're capable of running the game, either they will run choppy or really great on dual GPU setup.
I think any pretty much any game that has come out in the last couple years will support dual gpus

At least any game that is worth mentioning

I personally would go with one GPU however the specs look promising. Happy to see you finally got enough money together, enjoy it mate!

Thats pretty up-to-date hardware. I hope youre aware that price decay is huge for that fresh stuff. The same hardware will cost like 30% less in a few months.
However if you got the money and are willed to "waste" that much, youre gonna have fun with this setup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauzen
Посмотреть сообщение
Thats pretty up-to-date hardware. I hope youre aware that price decay is huge for that fresh stuff. The same hardware will cost like 30% less in a few months.
However if you got the money and are willed to "waste" that much, youre gonna have fun with this setup.
When that time comes newer and more powerful hardware would have come out so I don't see the point

You will have a great time running this setup. As stated above, running dual GPU's will fuck you over in some cases due to some games not supporting SLI, but you'll be fine for the most part as even one of those cards are decent. Best of luck!