Dedicated server questions!

Hello i have some qestions about dedicated servers

1. When i buy my dedicated server i was need to chose Windows/Linux/Managed.
My question is : What is Managed ?
2.Who is the best linux version for a SA-MP Hoster ?

Thanks
If i have another question i will write to replay

Linux is most light than windows, and most safe in some aspects.

Thanks my question is What is Managed server
and the other is
Witch : i mean Cnetos Debian etc

Hello Marbles,

For your first question, if I understood correctly, the answer depends on one thing, that is, your knowledge about Linux or Windows machines. If you think you're able to handle Linux distributions such as Ubuntu or CentOS pretty well, definitely go for a Linux distribution, it is an a lot safer, cheaper and efficient option than Windows, which for it's honestly just utter shit.

Managed servers are servers that you don't have to setup yourself or take care of monitoring their software and the server itself, managed servers are basically servers that are MANAGED or operated by the company that provides you with the service, it basically means that they'll do most of the work, and they'll generally choose the operative system for you based on your needs.

And for your second question, Linux distributions don't really matter when it comes to SA:MP, but of course, different distributions have different levels of support and resource usage efficiency, I'd definitely recommend Ubuntu or CentOS if you're just starting with Linux.

Thanks you realy helped mee
Another question
Is possible to open a SA-MP hoster with Managed Server ?
and What have inside Managed server Windows or Linux or i must Chose this ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbles
Посмотреть сообщение
Thanks you realy helped mee
Another question
Is possible to open a SA-MP hoster with Managed Server ?
and What have inside Managed server Windows or Linux or i must Chose this ?
I believe your provider will probably ask you about what you want to do with the server and help you set it up, however, they generally only monitor and keep your server up when it's managed, and would set up popular software such as webservers, mail servers, FTP servers, etc.

However, because SA:MP is not as famous, you'll probably have to set the server up yourself.

When it comes to managed servers, you can either ask your provider to install a certain OS for you or just let them install it for you, in a nutshell, you can either choose or let them choose.

Thanks another Question
Okay so i am creating an ServerHost
So i need to have an email example : admin@xhost.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbles
Посмотреть сообщение
Thanks another Question
Okay so i am creating an ServerHost
So i need to have an email example : admin@xhost.com
Honestly, if you don't know how to go about getting a mail server up and running, or even using a 3rd party service for emails, you probably shouldn't attempt to run a host.