Anti DDoS Script for Linux VPS

Anyone know a script or a software to install on the Linux VPS and get protected by DDoS attacks?

My server crashed yesterday while 87 players online and others servers in the same tab offed too, it was a DDoS.

Thanks to all,
Rodri.

To really protect yourself against a DDoS attack, assuming this was the case, you'll need dedicated hardware. A script won't help you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodri99
Посмотреть сообщение
Anyone know a script or a software to install on the Linux VPS and get protected by DDoS attacks?

My server crashed yesterday while 87 players online and others servers in the same tab offed too, it was a DDoS.

Thanks to all,
Rodri.
Try finding anticrash in the internet there are no english anticrashes but try russian ones using the ****** translate coz russians make a lot of good scripts and plugins for samp

There is no 'script' or anything in simple nature, that's why it costs thousands to mitigate.

You need to pay for a good host that embeds protection or filteration.

Scripts / software firewalls can only do so much, nowadays they barely can handle a simple attack from a basic DDoS attack. I'd suggest finding a host that offers hardware protection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodri99
Посмотреть сообщение
You can't know without monitoring stuff. How do you know for sure?

As for protection: get a better host.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake187
Посмотреть сообщение
Scripts / software firewalls can only do so much, nowadays they barely can handle a simple attack from a basic DDoS attack. I'd suggest finding a host that offers hardware protection.
Exactly.

Software firewalls are really only effective towards layer 7(application layer) floods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorenc_
Посмотреть сообщение
There is no 'script' or anything in simple nature, that's why it costs thousands to mitigate.

You need to pay for a good host that embeds protection or filteration.
Of course there are scripts for antiDDoS but english people don't know them because there are scripts only on russian servers

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkilletKiller
Посмотреть сообщение
Of course there are scripts for antiDDoS but english people don't know them because there are scripts only on russian servers
Please open the Wikipedia page explaining DDoS attacks, it would prevent you from spreading bullcrap.

Edit: Or read the thread, rymax99 did a solid job explaining why this doesn't work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorenc_
Посмотреть сообщение
that's why it costs thousands to mitigate..
Lmfao yeah it costs thousands to mitigate. This guy clearly knows what hes talking about /sarcasm.