Advices & Hints

Hello there peeps!
I and a friend of mine are trying to open our own server(Roleplay).
We want to create something completely unique and different from all the other roleplay servers, so I am interested to check out your thoughts about this.
I would love to see your advices-hints and ideas, more like suggestions.

Let's have a discussion
**Also hit me a REP if you want to help me on advertisting the server at the right section**
/discuss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorenc_
View Post
Do what you feel like doing. If it exists, make it better than the existing one(s). The SA-MP forum is not where majority of your players will come from (considering that you are aiming for more than 10 players, right?)
I think taking someone's idea creates conflict.

Well, I didn't really get your point - all I wanted was different and many opinions from users here to give me some suggestion for my upcoming server.That's all.

Terrible way to start.
First of all, since the last versions of sa-mp are favoring roleplay servers, I doubt you will come up with something truly unique. I'm not saying that you shouldn't try, but have to know exactly what you're asking yourself. I haven't touched roleplay servers for a while, so went on recon before typing here, in hope that something has changed. But everything is the same which for me is kind of disappointing.

As a new player, I want to go straight into gameplay, so imagine the frustration I got when I had to go through every god damn tutorial. They are long, and the players tend to not pay attention because they can't do sh!t, and they're probably sick of waiting. So instead of doing that, you can teach the player the use of everything as he/she progresses through the career, or whatever you guys call it.

Another thing you can do is NOT force the player into filling useless forms. I get that you may ask for an e-mail address for cases like password recovery, but some people take very good care of their user data and don't need recovery systems. You might as well set a message "We advise filling the information later for extra safety", and allow him to do just that. If the player has a username and password, he/she should be good to go.

This is what I had to say regarding the project. As for this post, I'm telling you now that I usually ignore posts that mention "+rep me". I wanted to ignore you, but I replied in hope that maybe you can finally make a difference (It's a long shot, I know). Yet, if you want to be taken seriously, remove your rep request from your signature, and stop asking at all. It's called reputation for a reason. You must earn it.

First of all, I trully thank you for spending your time to reply here at my thread.Means a lot to me.
About the 'sign up' thing I totally agree with you.We are not gonna create a full application with questions regarding the gameplay and the rules.In my poor opinion it's totally useless and waste of time.
About the 'give us email for recovery' thing I gonna agree with you aswell.But we might give the player to make his own decision.We can give him to choose between 'give us your email bla bla' or just 'skip'.
Thanks for advices about the REP, and since I want to be taken seriously I'll follow it.
Have a nice day and you are more than welcome to give us more suggestions or even join our server when it's officially opened.

The problem that you will encounter when you make threads like this is that people will tell you that RP is everywhere and you have very little chance of succeeding. It's bullshit and I have seen people get far with just a godfather script. So I would advise you ignore incompetent people.

If you want suggestions, I would take it from the people that are bound to play your server. I can suggest you right now to add a stock market system, it sounds cool and all but realistically the people that play your server could realise its complexity and may not even touch it at all... The last thing you want to be doing is making something nobody will be using.

Let me share with you guts our ideas for now.
Gonna have a factions system of course.
We are going to have a SAPD(no SASF, fbi, government and that shit for now).
We gonna have a faction which gonna be responsible about restocking the businesses.Like the gonna make some kind of runs to get different kind of stuff and they gonna restock the businesses(more RP, instead of being all the time in stock).
We are thinking about turfs system aswell.
And many more thoughts and ideas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasous
View Post
We are not gonna create a full application with questions regarding the gameplay and the rules.In my poor opinion it's totally useless and waste of time.
Just establish a simple set of rules from the beginning and make a final statement that it can be changed according to server's evolution. Set it as a simple dialog, before the players create their accounts. If they agree, they will proceed to the account creation. If not, you kick them immediately. Set a warning message stating that by continuing, they agree that they read the rules and have no excuse for breaking them. If they want to read the rules again, make a command for it, and also display them on the official website/forum. If they ignore the rules, they do it on their own, and they do it at their own risk.

That's right ye.