[Tool/Web/Other] SA-MP Popularity Chart

Well, this idea really came out of nowhere, but basically I made a pie chart in Chart.JS that uses information of servers that run hosted tab as its data.

I used Chart.JS and EM-Creations' SA-MP PHP API.

It'll eventually use the Internet tab, but, I did a little bit too many tests and got blocked out.

Preview:

Click here to see live

Source code

Where do you get the server IP Addresses from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickAttack
View Post
Where do you get the server IP Addresses from?
[removed]

look at those Russian RP servers xD having about 3k players on average

Good work with chart, really good

You are working with statistics, you need to inform the populace searched average deviation, standard deviation..

I liked the initiative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CristianHG
View Post
Do you have permission to access it? Because to my knowledge, you need permission. That's why some projects like Evolution's player search engine just throws random IP Addresses and hopes that the IP Address is a server.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickAttack
View Post
Do you have permission to access it? Because to my knowledge, you need permission. That's why some projects like Evolution's player search engine just throws random IP Addresses and hopes that the IP Address is a server.
Information is public, so you are wrong - no need for permission he didn't steal anything from anyone
and he gave source from where he took these ip's

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoaPsyFactor
View Post
Information is public, so you are wrong - no need for permission he didn't steal anything from anyone
and he gave source from where he took these ip's
Quote:

Information is public

Please give me your credit card number, your address, the full names of your family members, your password, etc. Is information still public? I don't think so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ******
Clearly you have not read the SA:MP services agreement (http://www.sa-mp.com/service_agreement.txt);

(b) You may not connect to the SA-MP master list using custom software unless
permission is granted by the service provider.

So unless you get explicit permission from Kalcor, you cannot connect to the master list with anything but the SA:MP client. If you want to make a list of servers you will have to make your own independent list.

The server list itself is cached every day and the server information is cached every 30 minutes.

As far as I'm concerned my usage of the master server list is so low that even denying me access wouldn't be really affect it because I would still have tremendous amounts of addresses from archived caches.

PS: Nope, I don't mean to sound douchey, just trying to emphasize how little my usage of the list is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by riajedA
View Post
You are working with statistics, you need to inform the populace searched average deviation, standard deviation..

I liked the initiative.
The version hosted on my computer contains features similar to the ones you're talking about, I'm just trying to figure out how to calculate them using memory efficiently