[Tutorial] How to create your own SA-MP server

How to create your own SA-MP server

Hello everyone. I'm going to show you how to create your very own SA-MP server. A thread like this might have already been made before but I'm going to show you the way I made my server and I'll give you all the basic information you need

The very first step to creating your SA-MP server is firstly getting your script. You can download the core Windows server files here. Once you have your files, you'll want to get a gamemode script from this forum. After you download your script, drag all the files into your Windows server folder and you're ready to go!
Editing your script

The most important thing about owning a server is adding custom features. Players want custom features. They don't want to play the gamemode script that you just downloaded because it's too basic. You can hire a scripter from the SA-MP forums or you can learn to script yourself. I learnt by simply reading through my script, scripting a bit myself and learning as I go on. To edit your script, simply open up pawno.exe in your pawno folder and then click Open in the top left corner. Then navigate to your new script and open it.
Putting your server online

There are multiple ways to put your server online. You can port forward your server (Home host) which would give your players a rather slow connection usually and a high ping but means that you can still let people play on your server. The recommended method is by buying a host. I would recommend Apex Game Servers as they are cheap and reliable. You can browse the SA-MP forums and look for other hosts if you wish. After buying your host, connect to the FTP using FileZilla and upload all your files to your host. Your server will then be online and hosted by a lag-free server.
Getting players

The best way to get players is by advertising your server on the SA-MP forums. Players will come to your server in search of a unique server with different features and they will immediately leave if your server is just another server that rips off an NGG script. Keep your server unique and advertise your server on the SA-MP forums. Your players will soon begin to rise. Another idea is getting a hosted tab slot, but only buy one if your server become more popular as they are quite expensive.
Other tips & tricks

• You should get a website host and get forums for your server too. I recommend MyBB for forums and I also use 1and1 as they are cheap.
  • Never hire admins that you don't trust. If a player comes to your server and asks for admin, don't give them admin as you don't know if they're trustworthy or not.
  • Try to be active. Your players want to see their owner active because they can ask him/her questions, suggest ideas, etc.
  • Don't let your staff members lead factions. Your players want to lead factions and your staff should be too busy helping players to lead a faction.
  • Try not to start a server alone. You can start a server with your friend so that you can both help each other out and aren't alone in making a server.
If you have any questions I will happily answer them below. Thanks for reading my tutorial!

There already Have same post. You don't need to make a thread with that again. -_-

I said a thread like this might already exist -_-

I made this tutorial from my own experience.

That's a pretty good tutorial, but i'd suggest to add more information because i doubt it will help anyone a lot, try to add more info but other than that good job !

0.08$ really? no Thanks

$20 for 500 slots too. I find them pretty good and thank you for the feedback Glossy!

Gd tutorial brouther !, can u do one on how to search as well plz ?

WOW! nice tutorial ! +1 Rep! im inspire , thank you bro!