Anti-map Stealer, how do I prevent it?

Heard a rumor that people steal maps from different servers, how do I add these anti-stealer feature? Last thing I want is my work to be stolen.

is that possible? i don't think so because they don't have access to the pwn?

You can't. Objects get loaded by clients, therefore you can't do anything - once loaded, it's open to manipulation by 3rd party addons/programs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antoniohl
Посмотреть сообщение
Yes, supposedly. I'm freaked out over this, I've been working my ass off on these maps. They're really popular too. Found something about it here: http://gta-sa-mp.de/forum/3-san-andr...i-map-stealer/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antoniohl
Посмотреть сообщение
That's why it's called object stealer not source code stealer...
And no I don't think there's anything that protects your map from being stolen sadly

You can't join a server and perform some magical thing and steal someone's map. The only way they could have your actual map and all of the coordinates is if you have released the code, or if they have access to the code in some way.

Don't forget that someone can always take your idea and make it for themselves.

A fix to make map stealing more difficult is already included in the latest streamer version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealCop228
Посмотреть сообщение
You can't join a server and perform some magical thing and steal someone's map. The only way they could have your actual map and all of the coordinates is if you have released the code, or if they have access to the code in some way.

Sorry but that's totally false.The map stealer works only with streamed objects so they can't steal your whole map without running until the objects are streamed

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение

Some guy from Germany does it on a server here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVjFUEQNKFA

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение

The data is being loaded into the client. It's like making a website and storing the password in JavaScript, doesn't take a genius to get the password. Once the data is loaded into the client, there's nothing you can do to protect it.

God damn, I use streamer on all my objects, I'm really worried about this to be honest. Not sure what I'm gonna do.

Honestly didn't think this was possible, but I guess I'm wrong. That's actually quite interesting- I've never had this problem before but I suppose I am a little rusty.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Honestly didn't think this was possible, but I guess I'm wrong. That's actually quite interesting- I've never had this problem before but I suppose I am a little rusty.
Yeah, some dude on my server started to talk about it, got me freaked the f out, so I locked it as of now.

I've managed to get the source of the map stealer , I have no idea in which language it's coded but it's openable by visual studio , so it might be C# or .NET however if anyone wants to have a look and see how's that done please send me a PM and i will hand you the source
EDIT:looks like is an asi file

Not sure but I think textured maps are way harder to steal

not sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzard2H
Посмотреть сообщение
I've managed to get the source of the map stealer , I have no idea in which language it's coded but it's openable by visual studio , so it might be C# or .NET however if anyone wants to have a look and see how's that done please send me a PM and i will hand you the source
Why would anyone do that though, its a shitty thing to do.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Are you capable of reading? How it's done really doesn't matter. If it's being loaded by the client, there's 0 you can do to protect it, regardless of how the code is written to steal it. The only solution is to not use the maps if you don't want to risk someone getting them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSkyBlueTeam
Посмотреть сообщение
For the same reasons people use stolen modes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSkyBlueTeam
Посмотреть сообщение
To know how to prevent it?
EDIT: OK didn't know that the objects get loaded on client-side so no need to rage and bash me I was just trying to help solve this

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
To know how to prevent it?
no, stealing maps..duh