What to do when Samp Version improves. [Servers][Help]

HI

i am trying to make a server , for such a long time i was useing 0.3z version of samp but later , came on samp server 0.3.7 . after that i couldn't run my server on new versions of samp and i had to start over... !!!!

now i am asking the ones who know how to explain or give an full article about , What to do when samp version improves for server owners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danialtv31
View Post
HI

i am trying to make a server , for such a long time i was useing 0.3z version of samp but later , came on samp server 0.3.7 . after that i couldn't run my server on new versions of samp and i had to start over... !!!!

now i am asking the ones who know how to explain or give an full article about , What to do when samp version improves for server owners.
Why?

when the new version of samp came , the old Game script i had (rip of Classfied gaming Role play) wouldn't work anymore .

i don't know how to compile the old Game mods with the new samp versions :/

That's because you needed to update the includes for it to work.

All you really need to do is download the new sa-mp package, and extract it into your current directory not overwriting the sa-mp.cfg and there you go, you've smashed it. How do you think these big servers do it? They have to start again each time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanishHaq
View Post
They have to start again each time?
Of course they do

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquor
View Post
Of course they do
I hope that was a joke lol

#1.4kposts

Plugins update too

You don't need to update plugins. You should only need to update plugins if they depend on memory hacking based functions such as YSF.

Typically, big plugins such as YSF have the new server version out days after the release(if not sooner); where you typically just need to replace the new .dll.

replace samp-server-, samp-npc- and announce.exe with new ones
perhaps update your old includes with samps new includes found in the server package?

perhaps