Did you get the Windows 10 activation?

Did any of you who ordered the free preview version got the activation? The activation was supposed to be yesterday "19th"
I've ordered the free upgrade when the icon appeared on my start-menu... Still didn't got any message about my upgrade

It told me that I'll be receiving a notification on the 29th of July.

I'm going to wait a while lol, never got OS's immediately after they came out. I remember sticking to Win7 probably a year after Win8 came out xd
I'll probably run Win10 on a spare computer to test it out and see how it feels or something, I don't like risking my working OS with those kind of things, takes too much effort to get everything working as it was if I manage to screw up lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstylezzz
View Post
I'm going to wait a while lol, never got OS's immediately after they came out. I remember sticking to Win7 probably a year after Win8 came out xd
I'll probably run Win10 on a spare computer to test it out and see how it feels or something, I don't like risking my working OS with those kind of things, takes too much effort to get everything working as it was if I manage to screw up lol
I'm thinking of installing it on a virtual machine to see how it goes lol I really hope win10 is better than win8(which basically was the worst OS ever if you ask me)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzard2H
View Post
I'm thinking of installing it on a virtual machine to see how it goes lol I really hope win10 is better than win8(which basically was the worst OS ever if you ask me)
Yeah that would be a good idea. I hated Windows 8 at first, mainly because of the stupid start screen thing because I don't have any touch devices that can make the best use of it. After I tried anyway, and installed a 3rd party start menu (to have it exactly the same as windows 7), I began to notice that it ran much better than my Windows 7 installation.

Might be drifting a little too far from the main topic here.. So I'll just keep it at this ;P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstylezzz
View Post
Yeah that would be a good idea. I hated Windows 8 at first, mainly because of the stupid start screen thing because I don't have any touch devices that can make the best use of it. After I tried anyway, and installed a 3rd party start menu (to have it exactly the same as windows 7), I began to notice that it ran much better than my Windows 7 installation.
Got the same here, Windows 8.1 is pretty amazing, except the stupid startscreen, Yes. It looks fancy. but it's not useful at all for non-touch devices. Installed start8 (totally worth the 5 euros it costs..) and I love it. Never had ANY problems at all.. Looking forward to Windows 10, free upgrade is always nice, and they added/changed some stuff that is pretty awesome. Looks like Microsoft finally learned a lesson, Starting to change things up a bit..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gforcez1337
View Post
Got the same here, Windows 8.1 is pretty amazing, except the stupid startscreen, Yes. It looks fancy. but it's not useful at all for non-touch devices. Installed start8 (totally worth the 5 euros it costs..) and I love it. Never had ANY problems at all.. Looking forward to Windows 10, free upgrade is always nice, and they added/changed some stuff that is pretty awesome. Looks like Microsoft finally learned a lesson, Starting to change things up a bit..
Exactly....
I hope we will be notified when our free upgrade is ready it's been quite a while since im waiting

Windows 10 free upgrade is coming out at 7/29. 7 days to go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzard2H
View Post
Guess you're not old enough to have used Vista or Win95 or Win3.1... or worse of all WinME

Quote:
Originally Posted by !damo!spiderman
View Post
Guess you're not old enough to have used Vista or Win95 or Win3.1... or worse of all WinME
I would of rather used Windows ME over Windows Vista any day!