Leaving SA-MP

Original Post: http://forum.ulclan.com/topic/8545-leaving-sa-mp/

To everyone in our community and the SA-MP community I would like to announce that I am leaving SA-MP behind. I know this may come as a shock to some but I am sure most of the [uL] members saw this day coming and I will admit it is indeed a very difficult decision for me to make but is something I have to do.

Let me take the time to explain my feelings about why I need to do this and mainly SA-MP is such a distraction for me I can't even focus on more important things that I need to be doing in life. I have been doing this for so long SA-MP pretty much consumed all my interests to the point I have absolutely no motivation to do much of anything but smoke weed, script and mess around. It really has progressed to the point where I have become so emotionally detached that I pretty much went blank this is something I really need to address. This is not the kind of person I am at all and not the kind of person I want to be anymore so the only solution is to step back.

I have had a ton of fun over the years playing this game and more recently a lot of fun and hard work creating 420DayZ, Texture Studio and ColAndreas all these works are indeed very unique to SA-MP and have made some of top contributions to the community. I am already taking steps to ensure that these releases are not abandoned by giving some community members access to the github repositories.

Thank-you everyone I did have a lot of fun but it is not sustainable anymore for me.

I half expected this thread to be from another dude with 10 posts. But yeah, take care. I know the feeling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
Посмотреть сообщение
I half expected this thread to be from another dude with 10 posts. But yeah, take care. I know the feeling.
Thanks dude, it was fun to be around but like I said that fun is not sustainable nor is it substantive towards anything real. How about some +rep for leaving?

lol just fucking with you on that.

Ahh but samp need u
I know i have same problem but i try to leave samp 2 time but i cant...i don't know why

Good bye and take care ^^

Question 1: Is Chris still going to fix ColAndreas before it is completely handed over to someone? The builder still doesn't output SA-MP collisions, and that is a big deal. I'm not rushing, just wondering if he is going to at all.

Question 2: Are you still going to be on the Mumble chat with Chris, Kan, and everybody? That chat isn't always (hardly ever) about SA-MP.

Good luck, thanks for everything.

1.) I don't think Chris wants to fix it the source code is there though.
2.) I will still be around the community but will not partake in any SA-MP activities at all. (I will still be around for a couple days to ensure any loose ends are tied in terms of SA-MP)

What's going to happen with the uL 420 DayZ server? Anyways, best of luck man.

peace out man, I never liked these "I'm leaving" threads, I always just let my playtime do the talking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitetiger
Посмотреть сообщение
peace out man, I never liked these "I'm leaving" threads, I always just let my playtime do the talking.
Well I got some loose ends to tie so I want everyone to know I am simply too invested to just leave and not say anything this is not how I want to be remembered so I made a leaving SA-MP post but I can assure you compared to the others it has the utmost merit.