Any ideea how to get good admins?

My server get f***d up by some admins now I don t trust no one!
Any ideea from where to hire admins and trusted and how?
Any sugestions?

Well....................

Use your gut, actually make people earn it don't just give it out and such; Choose people that know the community inside & out, people that have already helped the community out in such a way that they can't go without some sort of 'Intensive' to carry on, and don't just make them admin, try them on for size before, helpers/testers/assistants roles could really assist in that are.

You need to check the guy 2 or 3 month to check his attitude .

If your administrators can ruin your server then you're giving them too much power. If you have to give them tools that are potentially dangerous, make sure you have a way to revert any damage they cause.

But really, you're just choosing the wrong people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBilal
View Post
You need to check the guy 2 or 3 month to check his attitude .
Indeed. I often see servers advertising 'HIRING ADMINS' which, sure, will get a few extra players from people thinking they'll earn admin rights, but as with anything in life, there will be consequences. Along with monitoring that person for a good period of time (e.g. months), when you do eventually bite the bullet, start them off with very basic rights (e.g. the ability to kick, spectate, mute, jail - everything to keep the server running smoothly) and nothing more.

It's your server you have to manage it correctly, you don't need suggestions, it's your job, since you've created a server, you should know how to manage it, don't hire admins cause they "will invite friends" or because they will "help your server to grow", choose the correct people and hire them, before hiring an admin, you should know him very well, talk with him on team speak with MIC, listen to his voice, you will understand if he is a kid or whatever, am not talking about ages, just the attitude, ask him questions, make a test every week for all the admins, make sure no one is using their accounts, because an admin could give his account to a friend to play and if he has no idea about RP, he will destroy your server, so basically you have to watch every admin, check the logs, everything, don't hire 5 admins if you have 2 players in your server, for example if you have 10 players, hire 3 admins, and 1 helper, it's enough, no need to hire 8 admins when you have got 10 players, Just hire the correct people and watch their actions, and as i said, test the person you are going to hire.

Why is everyone using 'hire' to describe the acceptance of a new member to the staff team lately? It seems improper. Administrators aren't slaves that do all the work for you, they are members as well and you must respect that.

The answer to your doubt is quite simple: Do not accept low qualified members to join the staff team - even if that slightly hurts their feelings. The community's image relies on the staff team, and if the community has an 'owner'/'leader' that has anger issues, bad grammar, heaps of stacks of lack of knowledge and/or the common lazy-to-provide support and updates mood, then it isn't going to work out either.

Grammar, grammar, grammar, it's all about grammar and their knowledge overall when it comes to accepting members into the staff team. I personally wouldn't accept someone that lack at both, even if they gave me a hundred dollars. Without these two aspects, they will repeatedly fail to do their job correctly, over and over.

I also noticed that administrators on servers tend to insult the players they ban from the server, if I was the leader of such community that had members like that, they wouldn't last long there and I'd try to compensate the one being insulted/banned (if it was done incorrectly); otherwise, I would just change the reason and apologize to them.

Also, spy on the administrators of the server once and a while. And test them with series of fake accounts to see how they react upon different situations - don't let them get by anything, I wouldn't let them.

first of all, you shouldn't take all the work urself,
Get a loyal Head admin to administrate Admins team .. and Lead together..
As u see posts above, Hiring stuff should be like that,
And the head admin who will moderate admin team should know that, to check
*recommended to push the admin applicant to the limits to check his reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAT4
View Post
first of all, you shouldn't take all the work urself,
Get a loyal Head admin to administrate Admins team .. and Lead together..
As u see posts above, Hiring stuff should be like that,
And the head admin who will moderate admin team should know that, to check
*recommended to push the admin applicant to the limits to check his reality
You make no-sense. How is he going to get a 'head admin'/'manager', if he can't even get a simple moderator? At the start of having no administrators yet, he must do everything else on his own, until he finds the right people.

i meant by that Cuz nobody can do everything alone, he needs assistant so he dosen't Stick in that Mistake again..
Head admin can be temporary His Friend/Brother/IRL MAte, someone Trusted mosty, (sry if some mistakes)

Stop giving admin status to random people.
Also make sure that admins do NOT have much power, because they might abuse it.
Try to 'hire' players who have any experience on being admin.
Their english level should be high enough, to communicate with all the players.
His attitude has to be excellent and he should never ignore the players.
And they should be mature IRL.I mean, do not make admins children like 10-13 years old.They are not mature enough for it, even if they look good.

Question: How long has your server been running for?

Just incase you don't have the trial mod rank , script it and implement it in the server.
Don't give too much commands on trial moderator rank : /kick /warn /clearchat no more commands.
Create a script that monitors each moderator commands and outputs a file in the scriptfiles or somewhere
So you know who's abusing and who's not
Goodluck on that

you shouldnt give your friends admin

thays how you get the best admins

all admins should be tried as JA first

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaydenJason
View Post
you shouldnt give your friends admin

thays how you get the best admins
True that.. But question is how to stop them from asking for admin status :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMH
View Post
True that.. But question is how to stop them from asking for admin status :/
/mute /warn /ban /kick wtf is this question lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzard2H
View Post
/mute /warn /ban /kick wtf is this question lol
Its just not that easy u know.. They irl friends.. I cant just kick or ban them.. :/ a fake admin status woild do smthng.. I guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMH
View Post
Its just not that easy u know.. They irl friends.. I cant just kick or ban them.. :/ a fake admin status woild do smthng.. I guess
They're IRL friends?
So what? tell them to earn it , if you can't do that I doubt you can maintain a community

It should be based on friendship not only qualifications etc..., take your time to choose admins because their role in your server is important so you should pickup the best. As i said you should find somebody that have all the requirments to become an admin not a random person also if should be a trusted person.