Connecting to the server via Desktop Shortcut (with pics)

This guide covers step by step with pictures how to create a desktop shortcut which you can click and be directly taken onto the server, without having to manually open the SAMP server list and press on connect. It's simple and anyone should be able to follow the guide along. I will base this on a windows system, but it is doable with other OS'es as well. I will however assume you know what you are doing then, so images shouldn't be required.
Done for CB CnR server

Step 1:
Locate the file path of your samp.exe. You can do this easily by right-clicking on your samp.exe desktop icon, clicking on "Properties" then copy the line of text out of the "Target" field. It will look something like"C:\Program Files (x86)\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas\samp.exe" although this may vary. The important part is that it ends with "samp.exe".

Step 2:
Open notepad or another text editor and paste the line of text you just copied. At the end of the text line (After the quotation mark), make a single space then type the server's adress and the port .

Step 3:
Right click on your desktop, mouse over[/color] "New" then click on"Shortcut". A window will appear. In the empty box, copy and paste the new and edited file path. Hit Next and give the shortcut an appropriate name, then click on Finish.[/color]
Paste the file path you've edited into the box. Hit "Next", enter a name as prompted and then click on "Finish" to create the shortcut.

This is how it should be:

Want to customize it?
Right Click on Shortcut
Click on Properties
You should find Change Icon... tab
Click on it and search for icons you want to replace.

Search net for icons you want to replace.
Icon must contain .ico

Should look like this:

Video Guide:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNvIU8EBo6I[/ame]
(SAMP crashed because I was recording in Full Mode and my SAMP runs in Windowed mode)

Awesome! Maybe try lowering the font size and changing the colors?

nice little trick , good job

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira297
Посмотреть сообщение
Awesome! Maybe try lowering the font size and changing the colors?
Resized and removed useless fonts, thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzard2H
Посмотреть сообщение
nice little trick , good job
Thanks

Thank you for the reputation

Nice one mate, you deserve a cookie (I mean rep )

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSnaKe
Посмотреть сообщение
Nice one mate, you deserve a cookie (I mean rep )
Thank you m8

Quote:

I will base this on a windows system, but it is doable with other OS'es as well.

It's really not, SA-MP is available on Windows only.

Thanks!! Ended up making 50 shortcuts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingHual
Посмотреть сообщение
It's really not, SA-MP is available on Windows only.
Its available on Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelle83
Посмотреть сообщение
Its available on Mac
It's a Win32 executable and DLL. Emulation doesn't mean it's available for a system.