SA:MP on HDD, Userfiles on SSD?

How do I get my user files folder to stop being placed on my SSD and onto my HDD where my game installation is?

The Userfiles are stored in 'My Documents' which is a Windows Directory, If you could replace that directory (can't recommend..).. You could store that directory on your normal HDD.

Moving the documents folder is actually quite easy and I would actually recommend that if you run an SSD/HDD combo, to stop the SSD from filling up too quickly. Right click > Properties > Location.

If you connect a disk partition as NTFS folder? (Windows)
(****** Translate)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
View Post
Moving the documents folder is actually quite easy and I would actually recommend that if you run an SSD/HDD combo, to stop the SSD from filling up too quickly. Right click > Properties > Location.
Just like Vince said, only thing is that you shall first add new location for Documents, move files to new location and than remove old ones (that are on SSD). You can have multiple locations for Documents, including multiple HDD-s
Same goes for music, images and videos

Go to registry editor and edit SA user files folder location.

Thanks for the replies. Decided to just keep my game on my SSD cause why not. Thread could be archived/closed.

I'm using the same thing. OS on a SSD and all other stuff on HDD. I don't think SAMP will fill up too much space since it's screenshots are small and other things might be chat log which resets if I'm not wrong each time you join some server.

Did some testing recently, and couldnt find any startup time differences for samp/gta. Even on a 10000mb/s ramdisk it started just as fast as on a 100mb/s HDD.
So its definitely not a game for SSDs