Scripting in other Languages

Hello SA-MP community,
I was wondering what are your opinions on them so called plugins which allow you to script in different languages, such as: Javascript, Java, C+ etc. And, are you planning on writing your future gamemodes in any other language than PAWN?

Now, I'm actually planning on writing my next gamemode in Java (since I know Java quite well), but I'm truly scared of the project being discontinued (and I should, since my server can have a huge impact if there are any new SA-MP releases). Obviously, I'm expecting each and every developer of the plugins to say "I'm never giving up!" - but that's not something you can depend on, since times come and go. You never know, SA-MP one day may be discontinued as a whole (not something I wish for).

What do you guys think of this over all? Should I go for scripting in Java, or should I remain with PAWN (which I really despise, even though I know it well).

I always program my game modes in C++, not in Pawn. Pawn is very plain. You must write much more code in Pawn rather than C++ while writing same game mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rancho
Посмотреть сообщение
I always program my game modes in C++, not in Pawn. Pawn is very plain. You must write much more code in Pawn rather than C++ while writing same game mode.
Is that the only reason why you choose to write in C++, because PAWN is "plain"? I personally don't see PAWN as "plain", but very restricting in certain circumstances. There's more packages, tutorials and guides out there for other languages, as PAWN is not popular at all, in comparison with other languages. I hate the structure it uses (top-down design), I prefer object orientated programming. I also feel as if it's hard to organise the code well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebab-
Посмотреть сообщение
Is that the only reason why you choose to write in C++, because PAWN is "plain"? I personally don't see PAWN as "plain", but very restricting in certain circumstances. There's more packages, tutorials and guides out there for other languages, as PAWN is not popular at all, in comparison with other languages. I hate the structure it uses (top-down design), I prefer object orientated programming. I also feel as if it's hard to organise the code well.
I meant what you've said, also there is no point to learn Pawn and write in it. It has no future. Totally time waste I think.

I didn't even know you can script for sa-mp in other languages....

I enjoy coding in PAWN even though I know other languages.

The language in which you're comfortable.