Is SA-MP Most Popular Third Party Multiplayer?

I've been playing SAMP since 2009. I always thought that SAMP is officialy deveoped by some agents of Rockstars Games. Few weeks ago, my cousin (WHO TOLD ME ABOUT SAMP IN 2009) told me that SAMP is Third Party Multiplayer. I was shocked to know that, in the same breath i think why it is that popular. Ofcourse because it never bores us. +5000 servers to play, not 5k then +100 Most Favorited Servers and ETC.
So, my question is: Is SA-MP Most Popular Third Party Multiplayer?
As it is not on ModDB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theomanking
Посмотреть сообщение
I always thought that SAMP is officialy deveoped by some agents of Rockstars Games.
if this was true then you would see micropayments all over the place

I find it hard to believe, but it might as well be.
I, for one, never saw a third party multiplayer that offers you this kind of flexibility.
Still, I'm not up to date with everything, so....who knows?

If SA-MP was designed by Rockstar Games, we would have a much larger userbase (Not that I'm complaining of a small userbase - We are a great community with lots of users).

Well, so far I didn't see a Third Party Multiplayer so populated as SA-MP is, so there might be a slight chance for this to be true.

Surprisingly enough VC:MP is in ModDB, not sure if that's the one Kalcor created though, maybe someone else kept the project alive, since I see a few servers online with some players (including littlewhitey's)

Back on topic, for me this is the most populated third party mod I've known.

For me yes but as you can see, SA-MP's history is leaking out all over the internet so that's why it's famous.

It is probably the most popular.

Last year, someone pointed out that if SA-MP was listed on Steam, it would be fourth on the list of games by current player count. Which is pretty damn impressive.

RockStar should step up and give more oppurtunities to SA-MP. SA-MP should appear on steam and RockStar should start giving their support to SA-MP.

SA-MP made their game popular, if people still play GTA SA that's to thanks of SA-MP, even after 10 years of the game's release.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ev0lution
Посмотреть сообщение
It is probably the most popular.

Last year, someone pointed out that if SA-MP was listed on Steam, it would be fourth on the list of games by current player count. Which is pretty damn impressive.
Here's the updated list of multiplayer games on steam... https://steamdb.info/graph/ samp would easily be able to stay within the top 10.