SYS (OVH) Game Server Dedicated Servers Re-Stocked / out of beta

Hey everyone,

so I know I have told quite a few people around here that I am with this range offered by OVH at their SoYouStart sub-division their new game server range which offers UDP protection which includes SA-MP.

I have just got a email that they are now re-stocked with completely new servers and a whole bunch of new stock.

It's also out of beta testing now and I have been using this range of servers for PR-RP for over a couple of months now and stability and attack handling seems a whole lot better than the original SYS / OVH range servers, and I have been with both.

So if anybody is interested they're now re-stocked as mentioned just check out
http://www.soyoustart.com/ie/game-servers/

Good solution to try out if you're suffering from DDoS attacks and the original OVH protection doesn't cut it.

Got the first server for 138 dollars including those VAT and setup fees, hopefully it works well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetardedLad
Посмотреть сообщение
Got the first server for 138 dollars including those VAT and setup fees, hopefully it works well.
Yeah it sucks that they are now adding on setup fees to the servers since they're no-longer in the beta stage. At least the CPU is better than what was offered at the beta stage though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake187
Посмотреть сообщение
Yeah it sucks that they are now adding on setup fees to the servers since they're no-longer in the beta stage. At least the CPU is better than what was offered at the beta stage though.
Yeah :< So far, server works good.

Let me just warn you here before you order, at SYS you really get what you pay for - that's what I have been experiencing with them:
  • Support tickets are usually ignored. I have a support ticket that's been unanswered for 4 months. If you call them up, after explaining the problem 99% of the time you'll get an answer saying "Okay sir I opened a ticket for you we will contact you soon." - "Soon" is usually anything between 1 and 4 weeks.
  • DDoS attacks: They're not very reliable against DDoS attacks. There's attack methods that just bypass or are not detected by their "vacuum". My server has been under constant attack (~180k pps) making the server unusable because a software firewall just wasn't enough to handle it. I called them up within 1 hour of being attacked and just been told, of course, to create a support ticket. Since I knew nobody reads these, I found an email "antiddos@ovh.net" where you can send logs etc if their Anti DDoS isn't mitigating the attack. After 5 days of constant attacks they finally were able to mitigate it.
  • With their servers you get a free 100GB backup storage. The backup storage server had problems every day. It either went offline or denies access from you. It took them 2 months to solve the issue.
  • If you call support (in my case the german one), 50% of the time you end up in their french call center, even though you are calling in the business hours stated on the website. "Sorry sir german staff no work today can I create a ticket for you?"
If you order on the german website, only the german support can help you (same goes for all the other ones). So if your server goes down after 8PM on a friday, you can expect your server to be down all weekend: because their support is only available mon-fri from 8am - 8pm.

Now if you're still convinced to order at SYS, make sure you don't end up in the RBX3 datacenter. Although their website guarantees a 250mbit uplink, it is very unstable between 50-150mbit upload speed. Friends that had a server in the same datacenter had the same problem, whereas people with their server in Gravelines or somewhere else had their full 250mbit uplink. (That's the support ticket that's been unanswered for 4 months)

Do not bother contacting their mother brand OVH (which is way more expensive) because they can't help you either.

Other than all this they're good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by woot
Посмотреть сообщение
Let me just warn you here before you order, at SYS you really get what you pay for - that's what I have been experiencing with them:
  • Support tickets are usually ignored. I have a support ticket that's been unanswered for 4 months. If you call them up, after explaining the problem 99% of the time you'll get an answer saying "Okay sir I opened a ticket for you we will contact you soon." - "Soon" is usually anything between 1 and 4 weeks.
  • DDoS attacks: They're not very reliable against DDoS attacks. There's attack methods that just bypass or are not detected by their "vacuum". My server has been under constant attack (~180k pps) making the server unusable because a software firewall just wasn't enough to handle it. I called them up within 1 hour of being attacked and just been told, of course, to create a support ticket. Since I knew nobody reads these, I found an email "antiddos@ovh.net" where you can send logs etc if their Anti DDoS isn't mitigating the attack. After 5 days of constant attacks they finally were able to mitigate it.
  • With their servers you get a free 100GB backup storage. The backup storage server had problems every day. It either went offline or denies access from you. It took them 2 months to solve the issue.
  • If you call support (in my case the german one), 50% of the time you end up in their french call center, even though you are calling in the business hours stated on the website. "Sorry sir german staff no work today can I create a ticket for you?"
If you order on the german website, only the german support can help you (same goes for all the other ones). So if your server goes down after 8PM on a friday, you can expect your server to be down all weekend: because their support is only available mon-fri from 8am - 8pm.

Now if you're still convinced to order at SYS, make sure you don't end up in the RBX3 datacenter. Although their website guarantees a 250mbit uplink, it is very unstable between 50-150mbit upload speed. Friends that had a server in the same datacenter had the same problem, whereas people with their server in Gravelines or somewhere else had their full 250mbit uplink. (That's the support ticket that's been unanswered for 4 months)

Do not bother contacting their mother brand OVH (which is way more expensive) because they can't help you either.

This is the truth. OVH used to have a Co-Company named UpSide Host or something, I lost few dollars and the reason for the suspension is "UnAuthorized Login". It was only a few dollars but still, It has to be told.

I have several root server, frankly it blocked all the attacks, I have every day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woot
Посмотреть сообщение

I am at RBX3 I get a download speed of 30MB/s so 300mbps from my NL VPS, so actually more than what is guaranteed.

I do admit though the support is utter shit, I am surprised I made a ticket last night and got a response this morning regarding possible hardware issue. I actually decided a few months back to buy skype credit and I got my problems solved right away when I would call them.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
You're right actually lol sorry my mistake.
No problem
Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
It's still the required bandwidth speed.
I'm not a SyS customer, but an OVH customer, and I must say, even with the shitty support they have, the network speed is always the expected.

I've been planning for some weeks already in renting an server on SyS(RAM+ Servers), however, I'm kinda afraid to spend lots of money in a service which isn't even the expected.
Any thoughts about the "Ram+" servers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWMPT
Посмотреть сообщение
No problem

I'm not a SyS customer, but an OVH customer, and I must say, even with the shitty support they have, the network speed is always the expected.

I've been planning for some weeks already in renting an server on SyS(RAM+ Servers), however, I'm kinda afraid to spend lots of money in a service which isn't even the expected.
Any thoughts about the "Ram+" servers?
VPS customers don't count.

Awesome but expensive :/

Dude just forget OVH , SYS worst firewall system i ever saw , you cannot get a damn samp server online you need to work on it at least 2 hours to change firewalls settings...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzard2H
Посмотреть сообщение
Dude just forget OVH , SYS worst firewall system i ever saw , you cannot get a damn samp server online you need to work on it at least 2 hours to change firewalls settings...
Even in the SYS Game servers?

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
SYS is the same firewall as OVH just there is no permanent migration, instead the attack must first be detected and the migration only lasts I think 24 hours max (I could be wrong but far as I know this is how it works)

The migration / filter system they originally offer has basic UDP filters where the game range has filters made for the actual game, which means it can filter and migrate the attacks a lot better than the original protection so this is for sure something for people to try if the original protection isn't living up to their levels.

Also seems like today they added it to their official list at OVH.ie --> http://www.ovh.ie/dedicated_servers/game/

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Seems you weren't doing it properly.

I wonder if there's any other host which provides any firewall panel (like those Cisco ASDM) included with a dedicated server.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetardedLad
Посмотреть сообщение
I wonder if there's any other host which provides any firewall panel (like those Cisco ASDM) included with a dedicated server.
Tons of them do, if they don't you can always contact the datacenter to see if they allow physically delivers and you can buy a firewall and have it hooked up to the dedicated server(a lot of money, but it's a method).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaze
Посмотреть сообщение
Tons of them do, if they don't you can always contact the datacenter to see if they allow physically delivers and you can buy a firewall and have it hooked up to the dedicated server(a lot of money, but it's a method).
Can you link me to some providers who do ^?

SyS is not a bad host. They provide the same projection as OVH, yet they slightly tweak their firewall to deal with the gameserver side of attacks with their machines, unlike OVH which deals with plenty other services beside Game servers. SyS full purpose is really to provide a discounted price on the dedicated machines that OVH offers. I purchased a server in the RBX Datacenter, and I'm enjoying it. Speeds are great! I would have to pay more at OVH for the same specs then what I have at SyS.

Thanks to the op, if it wasn't for you, wouldn't had've thought of SyS :P