Actors as zombies

Is it possible to use actors as zombies for a zombie server? I think it is, but I want to hear you guys opinion. Also, has anyone done this yet?

Not really as actors cannot attack/walk unless you do some really complex math and then still, it would be more efficient to use NPC's.

Nope. There's so many DayZ servers around. But it could be buggy like the zombies are hard to kill, their movements are similar to air brake, dying positions might be difficult to describe, and it's effective in head shots. I usually play [DRD] DayZ server so I experienced some of this type of actors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sellize
Посмотреть сообщение
Not really as actors cannot attack/walk unless you do some really complex math and then still, it would be more efficient to use NPC's.
There are some animations for walking, all you have to do is set the actor's facing angle to go after a player. Although, I'm not sure how good this would work with SA-MP's syncing problem :/

Actors are not a replacement for NPC's just forget about trying to do this using actors is simply not practical for a zombie system with the current functions although you could certainly make a dead body system.

Actually, I don't think so.. Because Actors are different from NPC.

Why wouldn't you create zombie bots instead of Actors ?

KillerDVX,