Tell us YOUR story

Please stick to the subject

Hi guys, as title says tell us your story.

Did you start programming/scripting/etc because of SA-MP? Or did you apply/test your knowledge from school?

Were you already a professional when you came here? Or did you take on a job afterwards?

I'm curious to find out if SA-MP motivated you!

My story:

I started playing SA-MP on 2007 (In and Out). I was in school (before high school) and together with few we were friends enjoying public servers and hosting some scripts for fun.

Me and another one had a project about recycling and we edited a script where everybody would join, read few things and do some missions about it.

Later on we joined a popular community and made our way to the server administration in about a year or so. We were there for three years until it closed down and we moved on.

I never had classes about programming and I never joined any courses about it. (I do not have much knowledge...)

Still SA-MP gives me this "rush/feeling" to script/edit something and feel acomplished at the end. It's like a hobby of mine.

At the momment I finished High school and took some time off before joining university to work.

SA-MP motivated me to draw a potato. Here it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Twixx]
Посмотреть сообщение

wow. amazing story !

I started learning PAWN language because i found it interesting. Now i merge with my studies (C++, Paschal, Java languages) and yeah they got same functions, configurations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Twixx]
Посмотреть сообщение

That's so inspirational!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Magaсa
Посмотреть сообщение
I started learning PAWN language because i found it interesting. Now i merge with my studies (C++, Paschal, Java languages) and yeah they got same functions, configurations.
Java languages?
C++ and Pascal have the same functions and configuration as PAWN?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingHual
Посмотреть сообщение
Java languages?
How do they have same functions and configuration as PAWN? They are completely different(especially Pascal is so far from Pawn)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rancho
Посмотреть сообщение
How do they have same functions and configuration as PAWN? They are completely different(especially Pascal is so far from Pawn)
Did you know ? means a question?
Wow! Mazin'

OT: I now code "geek" ~Name by somebody that I told them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamester
Посмотреть сообщение
Did you know ? means a question?
Wow! Mazin'

OT: I now code "geek" ~Name by somebody that I told them...
I have not told KingHual my words . I said them for 'Alex Magaсa'.

Playing SA:MP since 2010 did motivate me to learn scripting but I failed everytime I tried.

I learnt C coding and HTML coding in college last year and I'm currently learning C++.

PAWN has loads of things similar to C and I'm able to help out people in the Scripting Help Section with the help of my knowledge in C + SA:MP Wiki.

2014 and 2015 have been very crucial years to me and it has brought loads of changes to my thinking perspectives and personality.

I think these changes have pushed me in such a way that I don't find PAWN very hard. I learnt that I just had to give it a try

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Java languages?
He meant similar.

Well, i used to play gta sa on my ps2. in 2010 and so. i completed it several times on ps2. i had a pc since 4-5 i used to play road rash. it wasnt dope enough to run gta series... as soon i as i got my own laptop last year. i downloaded gta sa. though it wasnt really enoigh for me. i got bored with it so i searched san andreas multiplayer... (pretty much exact keywords lol)

After 2 months of playing at samp i decided to pursuit scripting and starting off with my own server... slowly and gradually i learnt scripting

i really find scripting addictive and samp helped me getting clear with a career which is a programmar.

The first program/script I typed was in PAWN. PAWN inspired me to learn more and more languages, and thanks to SA-MP! I joined SA-MP in mid 2011. I downloaded some scripts, and started to edit them, and by time I became familiar with PAWN.

Slowly, I got interest in learning more & more languages, I started learning HTML & CSS. After learning HTML & CSS, I stepped up for C/C++ and I'm still learning it. I've ultimately improved my English because of SA-MP. Before SA-MP, I used to Type Like This, but thanks to SA-MP as well!

That's my short & sweet story!

>joined SA-MP in Oct 2014
>joined forums in 2015
>improved my English
>learned some gfx
>started learning PHP - and still learning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapersky™
Посмотреть сообщение
The first program/script I typed was in PAWN. PAWN inspired me to learn more and more languages, and thanks to SA-MP! I joined SA-MP in mid 2011. I downloaded some scripts, and started to edit them, and by time I became familiar with PAWN.

Slowly, I got interest in learning more & more languages, I started learning HTML & CSS. After learning HTML & CSS, I stepped up for C/C++ and I'm still learning it. I've ultimately improved my English because of SA-MP. Before SA-MP, I used to Type Like This, but thanks to SA-MP as well!

That's my short & sweet story!
show us some html and css if u know it

Quote:
Originally Posted by iFrame
Посмотреть сообщение
>joined SA-MP in Oct 2014
>joined forums in 2015
>improved my English
>learned some gfx
>started learning PHP - and still learning.
Pretty much the same.
Started in 2012.
Joined forums in 2013.
Improved my English, at RP servers.
Learned some GFX, still learning.
Didn't learn PHP. IT'S SO DAMN HARD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanW
Посмотреть сообщение
Pretty much the same.
Started in 2012.
Joined forums in 2013.
Improved my English, at RP servers.
Learned some GFX, still learning.
Didn't learn PHP. IT'S SO DAMN HARD.
It isn't hard? I just keep practicing. Practice makes a man perfect!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glossy42O
Посмотреть сообщение
show us some html and css if u know it
yes show c:

btw ur english is pretty awesome.

making siggys "

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Magaсa
Посмотреть сообщение
lol at this

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Java languages?
There are some script features that you can done it with Paschal,Java,Pawn,C++ or even with Visual Basic.
In Technology Media we study a lot about tech languages and we merged it with PAWN.
Always people says tech languages are different, they are not according Technology Media.