Just a few doubts about phpmyadmin-sql

This is about phpmyadmin that i'm dealing with right now, actually i'm using a ubuntu 12.04 vps in which i have installed phpmyadmin, it is working fine as i could login and create database and so on but the problem is i cant connect my server to it (server is hosted on the same vps). when i checked the debug log it shows connection is dead or dead connection. The server information are all right.

Here my question is, is there anything that i have to do before connecting it with my server other than checking the right details? like changing the localhost to xx.xx.xx.xx (ip address of the machine) anywhere in the config? i tried my best to make a connection to phpmyadmin but failed, so i thought asking here would be a good idea.

So people, any idea how to get rid of this trash?

Try using

Iv'e had the issue of it not reading localhost or IP but 127.0.0.1 worked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaze
Посмотреть сообщение
Try using

Iv'e had the issue of it not reading localhost or IP but 127.0.0.1 worked.
I tried using that in the script inplace of host but it doesn't work but isn't localhost and 127.0.0.7 same, but anyway i tried them both.

You be surprised of what can happen, it will also be helpful to post the logs just to be sure about the actual issue. Not implying you are wrong, just to be sure.

What i get is this in the debug, a whole bunch of spam
Quote:

[11:11:21] >> mysql_num_rows( Connection handle: 1 )
[11:11:21] CMySQLHandler::NumRows() - You cannot call this function now. (Reason: Dead Connection)
[11:11:21] >> mysql_free_result( Connection handle: 1 )
[11:11:21] CMySQLHandler::FreeResult() - There is nothing to free (Reason: Connection is dead)

What MYSQL plugin are you using?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaze
Посмотреть сообщение
What MYSQL plugin are you using?
MySQL R6

Is your MySQL server actually started and is listening to 3306?

And show part of the log where you use mysql_connect.