CULL Zone Editing. NEEDED!

Before 0.3.7 I (and others before me) suggested we have the ability to create, destroy, and control different types of zones. Now, since 0.3.7 adds the ability to remove ALL buildings with ease (-1 as model, one line of RemoveBuilding) I think it's necessary to also remove all non-required zones when all buildings are removed.

Think of how buggy a map would turn out to be if every building was removed and the map was just a plane at nearly ground level. You could just be driving and run into some CULL zones. What happens? Well while you're passing through the zones you'll notice your car flashing, changing weather, disappearing players (and reappearing), and a lot more.

Not only am I suggesting that all of them are removed when buildings are, but it would be awesome to be able to do other things with them. With the ability to create them with the flags we want we could create animated signs, rain-free zones, and a lot more (a long list).

This has really been agitating me today. I try to map around the CULL zones, but then I encounter them anyways because they are EVERYWHERE. I try to cover the larger ones with landmasses and some small ones too, but this is very extensive and ugly. Who else has problems with this and/or thinks it will be a very useful addition?

I agree with this 100%. I really want to remove the Pay N' Spray CULL zone but it's impossible. The least I can do is block it off with a garage door, but I don't want to do that. RemoveBuildingForPlayer is pratically useless if it doesn't remove the CULL zones aswell.

Maybe someone could create a plugin for it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmet_
Посмотреть сообщение
Maybe someone could create a plugin for it?
I doubt this could be done without client-side mods.

Well now that I have Streamer 2.8 working for me and finally got the area streaming I needed, this issue is brought back.

I hate placing my map in the clouds just to get away from CULL Zones. I can't even fly helicopters on it.

All air-space between 0 and 1100 is occupied with CULL Zones everywhere.

SIDENOTE: Emmet_ will be missed... His account is officially gone. I don't understand why he'd come back a few days ago and say he would be updating his scripts then disappear...
EDIT: Found something related to Emmet's disappearance. http://pastebin.com/mXGBzwjW

Seems like something that should've been implemented long ago.
Maybe we'll see this in the illusive 0.4.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orma
Посмотреть сообщение
Seems like something that should've been implemented long ago.
Maybe we'll see this in the illusive 0.4.0
Yeah, it should've at least have been added in 0.3.7 since the '-1' model was added to RemoveBuildingForPlayer.

Now we have the ability to remove ALL objects from the ENTIRE SA MAP with SINGLE LINE. But there's these damned CULL Zones that are still modifying weather, rain, music, mirrors, and everything else they do as you go around the map.

Theres more interesting stuff to do with cull zones!
Would be very nice to at least remove them, I'm not sure if it is that easy to create some during run-time though.
They are linked pretty deep in the .exe too.
Some hardcoded events are dependant on some of them, however those could be moved to positions noone ever comes to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaS
Посмотреть сообщение
Theres more interesting stuff to do with cull zones!
Would be very nice to at least remove them, I'm not sure if it is that easy to create some during run-time though.
They are linked pretty deep in the .exe too.
Some hardcoded events are dependant on some of them, however those could be moved to positions noone ever comes to.
The ones we need access to are all in the IPL's and the main script (main.scm), just like objects, pickups, and everything else we already have access to.

Show your support guys.