Did sa-mp community change?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgon
Посмотреть сообщение
Bit of a difference there, I'm not telling people that they have to abide by certain rules for me to reply to their topics.
It's peoples decision to do what they want. They are very aware of it. They decide where they respond and who to help and what they want to announce. Why would it be something you would care about?

It doesn't affect you in any slightest way at all so what is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgon
Посмотреть сообщение
Bit of a difference there, I'm not telling people that they have to abide by certain rules for me to reply to their topics.
Well, you asked why does he feel the need to announce those rules in his signature, so the answer to that is probably the same as why you feel the need to announce the music you are listening to in your signature. It's just as stupid and useless. No one gives a shit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNorton
Посмотреть сообщение
Same shit different day.
It never changed. It can't change. Because this is internet, we are pathetic people looking for someone weaker than us to pick on them to feel better.

People can't even take slightest amount of criticism because they instantly feel insulted and oppressed like feminists and thats just how it was ever since the beginning.
I do agree with that. It's both on internet and any other place where people communicate with each other.

Laughing about their ignorance/arrogance, or because they are so innocent, etc.

I've been reading this forum since 2007 and to be honest (what I can recall / I've been here and then away for several times) is that there were disrespectful comments toward Godfather scripts/edits, but in general people were more helpful.

It is sad to see someone looking for help, for example in their own code, and there is always people saying to use the search buttom. Probably what they are trying to code have been done thousands of times, but a helpful hand pointing something would be good in my opinion.

We are all people from different cultures and ages and sometimes things can turn a bit messy, but I created this thread to understand people's view. Please do not carry disrespectful behavior.

P.S. - I also did post a comment in a not so appropriate way, but it is time to change.

P.S. - I guess this community led/encourage people to learn to script/code/map/etc/etc, and other ones to improve/apply their skills, both from school or anything related to.

^

And it should stick to it. (I'm not excluding people who made some money out of it).

Please do remember that this post only shows my opinion.

Being mean doesn't instantly mean people won't learn from it. We humans tend to learn from our mistakes, critism and "mean" comments. This is a way for people to even learn who they really are.

You could say that SA-MP forums had a small impact on my behaviour and personality change because due people's actions I realised simple things and to never rely on others, being kind doesn't payoff and learned things by using my own imagination, common sense and research.

If you are mentally weak to be beaten by meer critism and insults.. Perhaps Internet isn't for you. Especially sa-mp community.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Being mean doesn't instantly mean people won't learn from it. We humans tend to learn from our mistakes, critism and "mean" comments. This is a way for people to even learn who they really are.

You could say that SA-MP forums had a small impact on my behaviour and personality change because due people's actions I realised simple things and to never rely on others, being kind doesn't payoff and learned things by using my own imagination, common sense and research.

If you are mentally weak to be beaten by meer critism and insults.. Perhaps Internet isn't for you. Especially sa-mp community.
That's completely true, people learn and adjust themselves.

By the way, I tend to think of myself as someone who likes respect and some organization in place than mentally weak.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
You wouldn't tell a stranger on the street to shut the fuck up because of his views due the consequences following you after that.
Where do you live? Paradise? Haven't you ever seen crimes of violence? Ever heard of riot, chaos or bullying in the news? Your argument is false; in our world, there are people who WOULD tell a stranger on the street to shut the fuck up and beat the fuck out of them with no care of consequences*.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
On the Internet whatever you say, what ever you do hold no consequence unless it's a crime. That is why people are disrespectful here. Not because you don't know them. They might be very interesting people but you never know until you get to know them.
It all depends. Yeah, I agree with you that there are Internet thugs - those little cutie cats who act gangsta online - however this is another story. But most of the times, your actions on the Internet are a reflection of your deeper personality and psychological conflicts: deeper thoughts, deeper weakpoints, beliefs, likes, dislikes and many other things. In short, what you said doesn't apply to all people, nothing does to be honest. "no consequence"? Consequence* exists everywhere.

[*] How's your understanding of consequence? As for me, a consequence is the result/effect of my actions. So, getting banned from SA-MP forums for posting some IP is actually a consequence of my action. Getting banned for cheats in some server is a consequence as well. Your post caught my philosophy so I decided to speak my mind about it, that is a consequence too.

Nope. Its just you acting like a lil bitch. (jk)
We've always been like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierX
Посмотреть сообщение
Nope. Its just you acting like a lil bitch. (jk)
We've always been like this.
lol 'we'. Registered on Feb 2015

As long as GTA-SA remains free in certain ways, new players will keep coming. Kids eventually, with all the behaviour consequences. Luckily there are special servers for everyone.

I did notice a great increase in non-English players by the years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [KHK]Khalid
Посмотреть сообщение
Where do you live? Paradise? Haven't you ever seen crimes of violence? Ever heard of riot, chaos or bullying in the news? Your argument is false; in our world, there are people who WOULD tell a stranger on the street to shut the fuck up and beat the fuck out of them with no care of consequences*.
With no care of consequences? Are you telling me you wouldn't care about doing GBH on a stranger for telling you his opinion and later on sit in the jail for it? Yes there are consequences for everything but when a person is mentally focused on something, on doing something he understands that consequence will catch him up, to me its like... The consequence doesn't exist to that person because they just dont care about it IMO. And that will eat you from inside.

Ever as a kid when you ditched the school had the scared feeling in your stomach that you will get in trouble? Thats the consequence eating you. Mentally. To go to the point, people who WOULD attack another person for giving them their opinion, causing GBH has one explanation. You need to seek mental help.

Because that is not a behavior of a normal human being. But then again.., What is? A normal human being?

Quote:
Originally Posted by [KHK]Khalid
Посмотреть сообщение
It all depends. Yeah, I agree with you that there are Internet thugs - those little cutie cats who act gangsta online - however this is another story. But most of the times, your actions on the Internet are a reflection of your deeper personality and psychological conflicts: deeper thoughts, deeper weakpoints, beliefs, likes, dislikes and many other things. In short, what you said doesn't apply to all people, nothing does to be honest. "no consequence"? Consequence* exists everywhere.

[*] How's your understanding of consequence? As for me, a consequence is the result/effect of my actions. So, getting banned from SA-MP forums for posting some IP is actually a consequence of my action. Getting banned for cheats in some server is a consequence as well. Your post caught my philosophy so I decided to speak my mind about it, that is a consequence too.
Internet thugs don't care about consequences when it comes to bullying and disrespecting others, they get banned or not its just another of thousands online gaming forums, some people see it as passion which is... Buffling really.

If it would of be me I wouldn't really care if I would get banned, it would show me I had a effect on someone causing me getting banned, wouldn't that somehow make you feel victorious?

I might not make sense as I just woke up anyhow.

i love how things get off topic so quickly, like blink your eyes and suddenly shit goes wrong at the right moment.

More kids are playing samp so the community becomes younger and more childish. Source: none.

Talk is quite interesting with you, iNortin, however I think we will go kinda off-topic if we keep replying to each other here. So I will just stop it here and if you're interested in continuing the talk, we can do it privately anywhere else I think without disturbing anyone.

It has changed a lot in the past 8 years I've been around, maybe a bit for the worse. Not because of the disrespectful comments, that's around in every single forum you can find.

Hell, even I like to be an ass from time to time.

Kill khanz change the samp community forever simple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzard2H
Посмотреть сообщение
Kill khanz change the samp community forever simple.
don't worry, khanz is naturally immune to retards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkie
Посмотреть сообщение
More kids are playing samp so the community becomes younger and more childish. Source: none.

When the mod came out we were too busy having fun. Guess what happens next.

Yes the forum is being filled with retards.
New players ask something:
a) Assholes (no-lifers) just say to use the search function, or say that its a useless topic/post/whatever
b) Good people (yes-lifers) help the player while being constructive and help the player out

http://forum.sa-mp.com/showpost.php?...00&postcount=2 this is another reason....