[How to]Portforward VISTA (ZOMG)

Now for all of those people who need to portforward Vista and have been un-successful, like me until now, listen up. I think I have gotten the whole thing figured out. So, here is how to do it!:

First off, go to Start and search Firewall:

You will see a thing called "Windows Firewall". Open it and find "Allow a program through Windows Firewall"

If you are prompted for an Admin password or anything, enter it and a box called "Windows Firewall Settings" will pop up.

Go to "Add Port" and another little box will pop up.

In "Name" add this "San Andreas Multiplayer". In port, enter the port you want to unblock (for me it's 7777) and click "Ok"

Find your SA:MP server stuff and open samp-server and you have your own Server of which people can play.

I hope this helped anyone having trouble with this

PS: Feel free to sticky

SA:MP uses UDP not TCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoBo
SA:MP uses UDP not TCP
I set it to both.

Well, TCP seemed to work for me, but if you say that it's the other one then your probably right.

The firewall can disabled too,at least for testing,if still samp doesn't work for others,you need configure your DSL router and be sure that you're giving your internet IP

http://forum.sa-mp.com/index.php?topic=70202.0 Thats for XP Vista what ever you use. as its done by router )

nice tutorial

btw, just a tip: you can use alt + print to make a screenshot of just the currently active window - so you dont show your whole desktop all the time

Actually, I was using print-screen, it's just I wasn't bothered to cut it out and make it so you could only see what you need. Or something like that.