Under development - JSGDK[FEEDBACK]

Good night.

A few months back I've started a project, but I never completed it.
Anyways, I would like to have your feedback, to make sure it I should spend more time with this or not.

Basically, here's the Overview of the project:
Код:
JSGDK, Or Javascript Gamemode Development Kit, consists in the integration of the Javascript language in the Multiplayer Mod SA:MP.
This plugin would give the possibility to develop SA:MP Gamemodes using Javascript in a easy, "hassle-free" way with the confort of the JavaScript language.
Anyways, besides the above, here's what I've got actually done:
Код:
- Possibility to "Include" other javascript files and use the variables and functions in the other file.
- Events, You can add as many events as you need for the server callbacks
- 80% of the a_player include, the functions are working perfectly, missing near 20 functions, besides the defines
Below, You can see an exemple of including other files and using callbacks, Since I haven't finished every function yet, I'm not going to give, for now, the syntax of the functions.
PHP код:
// Entry.js(The "entry point" file to be loaded from the JavaScript V7 Instance)
var MOTD "Hello world!";
Include(
"otherfile.js");
addEventHandler("OnGameModeInit", function() {

addEventHandler("OnPlayerConnect"handlePlayerConnect)
});
// otherfile.js
function handleGameModeExit() {
    print(
"Not to be called")
}
function 
handlePlayerConnect(playerid) {
    print(
"Player(" playerid ") connected, sending the MOTD " MOTD "!");

removeEventHandler("OnGameModeExit"handleGameModeExit)
}
addEventHandler("OnGameModeExit", function(playerid) {
    print(
"To be called");
}); 
----
I know that the topic ain't even organized, however, for what you can understand, I would like to have your feedback related to "Should I finish it or not!?".
I've got thousands of "projects" here below the 5% done, and I'm deleting them.

However, I've already spent some time in this project, wrote around 1550 lines, fucked up my brain searching for a good implementation of javascript(and the V7 from censanta looks good for this, besides the v8 of ******) and I think it might be useful for someone.
But, sadly, the free time I have now isn't much, and I don't want to spend it developing stuff which isn't going to change anything.

Thanks for reading.

You should. This might be useful in the future. Also I copied and pasted it in my pastebin so you should finish this for us. And good luck

https://github.com/damospiderman/samp.js

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konverse
Посмотреть сообщение
You should. This might be useful in the future. Also I copied and pasted it in my pastebin so you should finish this for us. And good luck
Thanks for the feedback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingHual
Посмотреть сообщение
Fair enough, looks like it has been done, so finishing this one ain't really worth it.
Thanks for pointing that one out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWMPT
Посмотреть сообщение
Thanks for the feedback.

Fair enough, looks like it has been done, so finishing this one ain't really worth it.
Thanks for pointing that one out.
It's not "done", it's not even officially released yet, but it's definitely working and we have people using it for full gamemodes. Will be releasing the alpha/beta in the coming week once it has more documentation and examples. Good work though with what you had done

What a shameful situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diabloa
Посмотреть сообщение
Huh? What are you talking about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diabloa
Посмотреть сообщение
Quote:
Originally Posted by !damo!spiderman
Посмотреть сообщение
Huh? What are you talking about
Eh. Nothing serious, he's just a shit-poster who's posting shit.

On-Topic: Sure man, go for it. I know at this time, two people are developing this type of plugin (you and damo), but as everybody knows, both the plugins will not be exactly same, so just go for it. Now it's your choice to continue, or not. Features will be different - and so will the advantages.

Sorry for any grammatical errors, I'm on bloody damn iPad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapersky™
Посмотреть сообщение
Eh. Nothing serious, he's just a shit-poster who's posting shit.

On-Topic: Sure man, go for it. I know at this time, two people are developing this type of plugin (you and damo), but as everybody knows, both the plugins will not be exactly same, so just go for it. Now it's your choice to continue, or not. Features will be different - and so will the advantages.

Sorry for any grammatical errors, I'm on bloody damn iPad.
It's not really the sort of thing that you smash out in a weekend. The features/advantages will be pretty similar. Obviously I'm biased because I've been working with damo on his plugin, and I have a released server using his plugin, but it's a solid project that took weeks of hard work and plenty more to come.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ev0lution
Посмотреть сообщение
It's not really the sort of thing that you smash out in a weekend. The features/advantages will be pretty similar. Obviously I'm biased because I've been working with damo on his plugin, and I have a released server using his plugin, but it's a solid project that took weeks of hard work and plenty more to come.
I had spent several days writting the a_player include, and it ain't even complete.
To finish this plugin, I would have to spend near a month to get it done, since my free time isn't much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapersky™
Посмотреть сообщение
In the end, both plugins would be different in handling callbacks and the resources of the SA:MP server, however, the objective would be the same = "introducing the possibility to develop Gamemodes using JavaScript in SA:MP."

Since Damo's plugin is way more complete than mine, I don't see why I should finish mine.

Anyways, I'll be deleting the stuff I've done when I arrive home.
Thanks for the feedback guys.