Does anyone else get the feeling Samp is dying?

Monthly is SA-MP dying thread.

N.O.

OP has no idea what he's talking about and decided to be a wise smartass by posting this thread.

SA-MP is not dying. It's playerbase is constantly growing over time, not decreasing. You can find this in various different statistic graphs.

SA-MP has more players than some triple A titles get. Not to talk about the fact that SA-MP gets more daily players than some popular MMO's and RPGs do.

Nope. Simple as that. SA-MP isn't dying I don't why and how you people are coming to this conclusion. Play SA-MP, enjoy SA-MP, and enjoy your life as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bituspy
View Post
SA:MP is not dying but yes SA:MP's playerbase has drastically decreased in the past I agree with that. The main reason is....many of the old SA:MP users are now focussed on new games like CS:GO which has turned out to be an attraction for most of the DM'rs, almost entire A/D Community got shifted up there.

As GTA SA (SA:MP) is a very old game and new games have taken over, attraction to the new players are mostly the games with somewhat better graphics and shit instead of SA:MP.
Has it? Every time people say this the numbers actually prove the opposite, although it does seem like the last record break of players was over a year ago.

R.I.P S.A.M.P

Russians would never let SAMP to die, so don't worry.

False, SAMP is not really dying, it's only getting a bit less populated because of the GTA V Online and will not die this soon.
Edit: Actually, SAMP servers are getting more and more, and some players migrate to the new servers, that's why the average players in each server is decreasing. People also migrate to GTA V Online and some other online new games, that's why the count of servers do not grow relative to the total player count. People join SAMP too, but it's somehow neutralized by migrations, and doesn't give the suitable ratio comparing to the increment of the servers count.
The freedom of server customization (however more in MTA) and high connection speed, its lightweight communications, simplicity, and even its unreality inherited from the GTA:SA, are the pros that lift SAMP as a good place for online open-world gamers, those who benefit these specs the most, Freeroam players, and even those who don't really do, Roleplay gamers.
But one thing is certain, without creativity, nothing is improved and accomplished. We have to create servers that use and benefit these specs the most, even those which are not really defined to be.
And, I think we have to improve the SAMP too. Although we might not be able to help developing the SAMP, we're able to share our creativity with the SAMP Team and put our suggestions on the table, this way we're gonna move up.

^^ SAMP 4EVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diabloa
View Post
Russians would never let SAMP to die, so don't worry.
haha true, 1000+ russian players daily are keeping it alive, aye samp isn't a normal game past 10 years, but it's still growing too, look at it's devwlopers, they're still developing it due to the huge success it produced, believe me most of players who left samp, they came back cuz of it's fun

Here's my opinion: it is slowly dying on the English side.

I've noticed that some of the popular English servers have lower player counts than they had 2-3 years ago. There is also a bit less activity in certain areas of the forum but other than that SA-MP isn't really dying by a long shot.

We all need to acknowledge that nothing lasts forever so enjoy SA-MP while it's still popular. In 2011 most of us probably wouldn't of imagined that SA-MP would still be popular in 2015.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmet_
View Post
Here's my opinion: it is slowly dying on the English side.

I've noticed that some of the popular English servers have lower player counts than they had 2-3 years ago. There is also a bit less activity in certain areas of the forum but other than that SA-MP isn't really dying by a long shot.

We all need to acknowledge that nothing lasts forever so enjoy SA-MP while it's still popular. In 2011 most of us probably wouldn't of imagined that SA-MP would still be popular in 2015.
I've seen that too, but I guessed it was only on the servers I paid attention to.

p.s: can't +rep need to spread more.