Official Ideas Thread

Originally posted by Y_Less http://web.archive.org/web/201305112...d.php?t=427830

Official Ideas Thread

A number of topics have sprung up along the lines of requesting or suggesting general ideas for modes (I actually deleted most of the "I want ideas for my mode" topics). So instead of having them all scattered about and cluttering up Scripting Discussion (there are five pages of topics here and I already think that is quite a lot given the nature of this sub-forum) this is a central server for all the ideas.

Given the general quality of this forum, there are some rules:
  • This is not a copy of Looking for scripters/helpers? or the Script Request Thread - if you just want someone to script your idea for you then go there. I realise that the boundaries between the threads may be a little blurred so each post will be evaluated individually.

• As a general rule of thumb this topic is for donating ideas for other people to use that you don't have time to do, not for getting other people to do what you want for you - that's what money is for.

• Ideas should be explained in some detail.

• An example of a lack of detail:

Quote:

A minecraft server.

An example of an idea with detail is in the next post; note that although that example ends with small undeveloped ideas they still count as detail on the main idea.

• Ideas can be discussed and built on but keep it constructive (that does include constructive criticism of the idea or some part of the idea). Posts along the lines of "I like it", "Good idea" are not constructive. A post of "I have implemented and released this idea here" is acceptable and encouraged; "I've implemented this on my server" is also acceptable to some extent, but this is not a place for advertising (and don't forget credits on your server).

• Related to the previous point, posts about the topic itself are generally not relevant - saying "Nice topic", "Good idea" etc about this post (while appreciated) are not ideas. However, ideas for improving the topic are ideas.

• For both the previous points, if you really want to show your appreciation for someone's contribution that's what the reputation system is for. If you think that someone's post is in serious violation that's what the report system is for (but if nothing seems to happen that probably just means that a moderator disagrees with your assessment, it doesn't mean you were ignored).

• Any sorts of ideas are allowed: Gamemodes, Filterscripts, Plugins, Jobs, Features, Includes, Other.

• This is not a "Look what I made" topic. If you are working on something and intend to finish it, do so, don't post here. This is more for ideas that are original and which you honestly believe would make good features, but which you don't have time to develop and someone else may want to pick up.

• Unlike the rest of the forum, I'm going to allow double-posting here. If you have two separate ideas put them in two separate posts so that they can be easily linked to and quoted. However, thread bumping for the sake of it without adding anything useful is still not allowed.

• Posts I perceive to break the rules will be removed without warning or explanation.

Since lagcomp feature was introduced in 2013, aimbots have been super accurate. They never used to work before since aimbots weren't smart enough to lagshoot.

Anyway to stop the rise in player's using aimbots, many of us have already made anti-aimbots which till date can detect only proaim.

There are many other aimbots such as aimbot.exe,skin,etc which automatically aims at the player and shoots which makes it hard to detect. In fact we don't have any server-side aimbot detection for this. Its hard for administrators too because they can't tell if it is an aimbot or if it is the player's skill.

If we could get functions which would gives us information regarding mouse movements we can deal with most of the aimbots server-side.

Similar to this suggestion, support could be added to detect keyboard keys. I mean KEY_A,KEY_B,etc not KEY_FIRE,KEY_AIM,etc.

There are other uses of this too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yashas
View Post
Since lagcomp feature was introduced in 2013, aimbots have been super accurate. They never used to work before since aimbots weren't smart enough to lagshoot.

Anyway to stop the rise in player's using aimbots, many of us have already made anti-aimbots which till date can detect only proaim.

There are many other aimbots such as aimbot.exe,skin,etc which automatically aims at the player and shoots which makes it hard to detect. In fact we don't have any server-side aimbot detection for this. Its hard for administrators too because they can't tell if it is an aimbot or if it is the player's skill.

If we could get functions which would gives us information regarding mouse movements we can deal with most of the aimbots server-side.

Similar to this suggestion, support could be added to detect keyboard keys. I mean KEY_A,KEY_B,etc not KEY_FIRE,KEY_AIM,etc.

There are other uses of this too.
this

there are some plugins for it already but they only work on local host i believe

Obviously they would work only on localhost if there were such a plugin because there is no way you can get to know what a player in a different computer pressed until SAMP informs you about it.(SAMP is doing all the networking stuff)