SA:MP Random Flicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ha$H_Sexyboy
View Post
btw i have 2 pc's almost same specs same OS only difference is gfx card,My Nividia card doesn't have any graphic issues what so ever with 0 mods installed,however the other one with the AMD gfx card i need SAMP addon the one i posted earlier to fix some graphic issues flicker is one of them.
Well I'm running an Nvidia GeForce GTX 660. So I don't really thing the card manufacturer matters.

Edit: Are your drivers on the Nvidia up to date?

So just to clarify running the same game and setup the issue doesn't occur in singleplayer? It is possibly an issue with the way SA-MP loads texture and SA object data.

The patch didn't work for you, did it?

they are updated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abagail
View Post
So just to clarify running the same game and setup the issue doesn't occur in singleplayer? It is possibly an issue with the way SA-MP loads texture and SA object data.

The patch didn't work for you, did it?
Being completely honest I haven't screwed around with it enough. I've been too busy playing Fallout 3 and working irl, I'll respond about that patch soon, but it more then likely won't work.

Edit: Forgot to answer this but yes, it doesn't happen in singleplayer.

So just to clarify, does this happen when no objects are on the server?
(e.g: running a blank grandlarc gamemode on localhost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abagail
View Post
So just to clarify, does this happen when no objects are on the server?
(e.g: running a blank grandlarc gamemode on localhost)
I haven't played on a grandlarc server in forever. Later I'll set one up if I can remember how and give it a try. But I think mapping could have something to do with it but I can't confirm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ha$H_Sexyboy
View Post
dude install this and tell me if it's fixed : http://www.gta-samp.ru/SAMP_Addon_1.6.exe
try last version http://www.gta-samp.ru/SAMP_Addon_1.7.exe

SAMP Addon include SAMPGraphicRestore

SwirlyD
Install addon, and if you have this issue press esc, tell will there this bug or not

Also select some weapon, it must happen without any weapon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPAWN_METAL
View Post
try last version http://www.gta-samp.ru/SAMP_Addon_1.7.exe

SAMP Addon include SAMPGraphicRestore

SwirlyD
Install addon, and if you have this issue press esc, tell will there this bug or not

Also select some weapon, it must happen without any weapon
I already have SAMPGraphicRestore installed as an individual file. SAMP_Addon 1.6 didn't work, the bug is still there, so I doubt 1.7 will make any difference. I've read the change log for it and nothing significant was really changed from 1.6 from what I can remember.

Edit: Are you the creator of that mod?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwirlyD
View Post
Edit: Are you the creator of that mod?
Offtop: yep

just test this bug with esc without pause and with any weapon

Quote:
View Post
Offtop: yep

just test this bug with esc without pause and with any weapon
Okay, so to make this one hundred percent clear. You want me to install 1.7 and any play for a bit until it occurs without pausing my game OR using any weapons? Or am I suppose to use weapons, I don't understand.

I think this bug don't happen while esc with addon (game is not paused in menu) and using any weapon

Quote:
View Post
I think this bug don't happen while esc with addon (game is not paused in menu) and using any weapon
It still happens, so far from what I've seen anyway.

Hey guys, just ******d this.. I have 100% clear gta san andreas + JernejL map editor in my dir.. that's it

While noone in server crashes i get crashes 5-6 times per day and my screen starts flicking sometimes like in the video and my pc freeze..

Aren't this happning when it's alot of big and many object at one place?.

Edit: It came up once when I had pretty many ground objects at one place.
But not often.

And when I played on stunt servers with long roads in sky. The flicker showed up alot.
It was long time ago though, if that says something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davve95
View Post
Aren't this happning when it's alot of big and many object at one place?.

Edit: It came up once when I had pretty many ground objects at one place.
But not often.

And when I played on stunt servers with long roads in sky. The flicker showed up alot.
It was long time ago though, if that says something.
For me it just happens in general whether there's many objects in a certain place or not.

After years Silent found this bug
it's original bug of the game
Quote:

Fixed an issue introducing graphical artifacts from ped animations with high RAM usage - so called "streaming memory bug"

it was fixed in silentpatch and my mod