Project SAPhysics

Project SAPhysics

Introduction

SAPhysics is being developed to provide high quality physics simulation in SAMP and it is designed as an add-on project for collision detection plugins. This project is completely based on Bullet Physics Library as it is the fastest library present out there. I have tried many simulation tricks in pawn but failed. After a lot of research somehow, I made the the simulation work. But today, when I was testing the simulation with a huge amount of objects, it failed and the reason behind it was the ackslimit. Solving the issue did not help at all. This might be, because of SAMP compatibility. I am here to discuss the problems faced by the project and how we can solve it, I am expecting Kalcor to contribute to it by providing some core tips/information about how SAMP actually works. Adding a third-party physics modification to a server based game is not easy at all. It is not necessary to be a highly reputed member to help.

You can see it's potential here:

Lag is due to Fraps otherwise it is smooth as butter.
Try to watch it at 720p.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnx0ogjpPgY"]Project SAPhysics #1[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6XgwTZNuXo"]Project SAPhysics #2[/ame]
I am not promising or guaranteeing the release of this project.

If you want to discuss, contribute or ask questions regarding this project, send a message here:

https://gitter.im/codectile/SAPhysics-Development

It's nice, keep it up.

There is a reason why I did not focus on this kind of feature for ColAndreas there is way too much network overhead involved, it won't work with the streamer the update rate is too slow but you could try using player objects I don't think I tested them and might give better results. If you use regular objects the simulation will stream for everyone on the server which is not a good idea. There would have to be streaming of simulations that are in range of the player.

I thought ColAndreas didn't have this feature because your simulation caused major freezing issues. I am not focused on streamer for now. Though, I shall contact Kalcor for some server tips and tricks but I must say that, the above can handle static bodies finely.

Why the third object is not falling ?

Cool, looks like PeppeAC's physics include but complemented using bullet physics lib, I hope you find ways to finish it, seems great.

@Amrev: The third object is static.

@ipsLeon: I am not disgracing PeppeAC's include but Bullet has way more in depth calculations, so we cannot compare them. Thank you for sharing your opinion regarding this project. If you have any ideas/tips by which you could help this project in proceeding, feel free to hit me up at the gitter channel(link is provided in the thread).

Sharing the code would help us to contribute

I do not just want to globalize the code, right now. But I can share the simulation trick with you, as you own the physics include.

Quote:
Originally Posted by codectile
View Post
I do not just want to globalize the code, right now. But I can share the simulation trick with you, as you own the physics include.
I accept.