Thinking of starting a server in SF

i was thinking about to start a cnr server in sf but i need a person to assist me if ur interested just tell me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjEWl4rtO6o

Hello ! for the first time since I joined SA-MP last year I found someone from my country :v..
@sammp That's very rude..anyways here's one for you sammp https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ge-08FPD6LA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5
View Post
Hello ! for the first time since I joined SA-MP last year I found someone from my country :v..
@sammp That's very rude..anyways here's one for you sammp https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ge-08FPD6LA
Well it's advertisement and you just hypocritically called me rude then pointed a video at me, but ok

General section is not for advertisement

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammp
View Post
General section is not for advertisement
This. He has a point and seems everyone is advertising their servers via their signatures for quite some time. You should earn 15 reputations or more in order to advertise your server in the advertisements section.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konverse
View Post
This. He has a point and seems everyone is advertising their servers via their signatures for quite some time. You should earn 15 reputations or more in order to advertise your server in the advertisements section.
Well I and anybody making servers is advertising a coming up server in our signature which is fine.

But when it isnt allowed really is when posts are made advertising

Is it me or is general like:

-I want to start a server
-Best place for a server
-LS, LV or SF?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamester
View Post
Is it me or is general like:

-I want to start a server
-Best place for a server
-LS, LV or SF?
In most cases yea. But there are some goldfishes that have common sense, by observing for example this specie, you can see he has none.

Because generally speaking this should of be posted here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNorton
View Post
In most cases yea. But there are some goldfishes that have common sense, by observing for example this specie, you can see he has none.
O' righ' govnar'.

Thinking of starting it? - Start it!

Don't even think about starting a server, these days it's not easy to create a popular server.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dredd
View Post
Don't even think about starting a server, these days it's not easy to create a popular server.
It is easy. Only if you got brains and innovation for it.
Everything is possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNorton
View Post
It is easy. Only if you got brains and innovation for it.
Everything is possible.
It's easy to open a server and to make it popular but it is hard to make a community.

Once again. Nothing is hard to do.
To make a community you just need to have the right people and the right skills of leadership.

Knowing how to manage, listening to your players and making morally right decision is all you need.

It's not rocket science. It's all common sense.

You also need to have the patience to keep updating the server, which includes a lot of bug fixing.

I don't know what your guys' replies have to do with the OP's message, because he didn't ask for your guys' opinion or advice, he just wants someone to help him out with the development of his server.

Anyway, you should post this here: ---> https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=447813 <---. I'm pretty sure you will get more serious replies thru private messages than here, since you aren't allowed to quote on that thread.

Well,He is probably new to forums..and never than me ...You guys could've explained it to him properly ....

Not going to waste the time of yours or mine but basically:

Open a server if you feel you can create a community. Create something that many players will enjoy so they return and you don't end up wasting money and time on a failed project.

It'd be handy if you'd specify what you need help with, but if it's help figuring out an idea, then it's pretty poor. If you don't even know what kind of server you want, or why you want one, you might as well consider not creating a server at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickAttack
View Post
he didn't ask for your guys' opinion or advice, he just wants someone to help him out

so you said something then completely contradicted yourself wat

If u need to post in a forum about starting a server then you simply shouldn't start a server because 99.9999999999999999% of the time it goes offline within a month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammp
View Post
starting a server then you simply shouldn't start a server because 99.9999999999999999% of the time it goes offline within a month.
*Reads sammp's signature*

Are you starting a server?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamester
View Post
*Reads sammp's signature*

Are you starting a server?
By the looks of his signature he already knows what kind of server he's making.