Thinking of starting a server in SF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamester
View Post
*Reads sammp's signature*

Are you starting a server?
Trying to be a smart arse didn't work. I know my objectives and my barriers, this dude evidently doesn't by asking for help. Am I asking for help? No. I'm just letting people know that I'm making something.

But to answer your question, yes I am starting a server, but I'm not posting in the General section saying "how to make server PLZ i hire scripter"

As everyone says on the forums: Don't bother making a server.

Smart arse? Nah I was just asking a question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamester
View Post
As everyone says on the forums: Don't bother making a server.

Smart arse? Nah I was just asking a question
It's not about bothering or not, even if people tell you don't do it yet you desire to do what you want, show those who said no that you perhaps can do something. No matter if it's a failure or not, it's still something, we learn from them.

People are discussing, criticising but no matter what people say we make decision on our own not on what others tell us, yet we take into consideration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammp
View Post
so you said something then completely contradicted yourself wat
How does that contradict what was allotted before that specific part of the sentence? The sentence might seem to do such thing, but it's really something different, which depends on the manner you take it as for. By "help him out", I meant that he is looking for a secondary developer or even a mentor to help him out with the development of the "server" he wants to create. He didn't say "I'm thinking of starting a CNR server in San Fierro, what do you think?", did he? He didn't ask for your opinion nor for advice, I'm not saying you shouldn't express your opinion or even give him advice, but he just didn't ask how to run a server, how to make a server, should I start a new server?, will it be a success?, etc. Your replies should respond to the OP's message, as in conclude what he/she stated.

Could be very stressful if you are new in the business.

Why don't you do something useful instead? Cook something or read a book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei
View Post
Why don't you do something useful instead? Cook something or read a book.
This. He always have a good point of everything. So I liked him for this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konverse
View Post
It's easy to open a server and to make it popular but it is hard to make a community.
It's easy to make it popular but hard to make a community? How does that work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominik523
View Post
It's easy to make it popular but hard to make a community? How does that work?
Beats me. Put your server in a hosting tab list then it will be popular in no time. Try to make a community and have some TRUSTED members, difficult to find since some players doesn't talk in chat or if you give them some admin levels next thing you expect - INACTIVE