need help with server creating basics

ok i want to make my own server.

my problem:

i have no idea what i am doing. i downloaded the server pack file and went by the directions.. what am i doing wrong. can someone take the time and make me an idiot proof step by step directions? plz?

after that can you help me with making some script. i want to make a cops and robber base game

Quote:
Originally Posted by justincase538

my problem:

i have no idea what i am doing. i downloaded the server pack file and went by the directions.. what am i doing wrong. can someone take the time and make me an idiot proof step by step directions? plz?

after that can you help me with making some script. i want to make a cops and robber base game
Well what's your problem? Open the server.cgf and change what you want to. Then open samp-server.exe and there you go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tez™
Quote:
Originally Posted by justincase538

my problem:

Well what's your problem? Open the server.cgf and change what you want to. Then open samp-server.exe and there you go!
lol i know i sound like a fool. but i really dont get it. i did that and i get a window that reminds me of a dos window. it says some info and then thats it....i dont even know if i put the script in right

kinda need someone to hold my hand threw this one....cause im a server noob. i made a wow server once. and understood that.