Animation won't play

There's one animation that I want to play when someone locks their house. However, when the command is executed, the animation doesn't play.

pawn Код:
CMD:lock(playerid, params[])
{
    if(GetPVarInt(playerid, "LoggedIn") == 0) return SendClientMessage(playerid, COLOR_RED, "[ERROR]: You need to be logged in to use this command.");
    new string[128], Float:x, Float:y, Float:z;
    GetPlayerPos(playerid, x, y, z);
    for(new i = 0; i<MAX_HOUSES; i++)
    {
        if(fexist(HousePath(i)))
        {
            if(IsPlayerInRangeOfPoint(playerid, 2, House[i][ExtPosX], House[i][ExtPosY], House[i][ExtPosZ]) || IsPlayerInRangeOfPoint(playerid, 2, House[i][IntPosX], House[i][IntPosY], House[i][IntPosZ]))
            {
                if(Player[playerid][HouseID] == House[i][hID])
                {
                    if(House[i][hLocked] == 0)
                    {
                        House[i][hLocked] = 1;
                        ApplyAnimation(playerid, "BD_FIRE", "wash_up", 4.0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1);
                        format(string, sizeof(string), " * %s locks the door to the house.", GetName(playerid));
                        SetPlayerChatBubble(playerid, string, COLOR_LIGHTPURPLE, 10, 7000);
                        SendClientMessage(playerid, COLOR_LIGHTPURPLE, string);
                    }
                    else
                    {
                        House[i][hLocked] = 0;
                        format(string, sizeof(string), " * %s unlocks the door to the house.", GetName(playerid));
                    }
                }
                else return SendClientMessage(playerid, COLOR_GREY, "You don't own this house.");
            }
        }
    }
    return 1;
}
I have the animation library pre loaded and I even have the animation used for something else and it works fine there with no changes to ApplyAnimation. Anyone know the issue?

It's a samp bug, you should write the Animation code twice, Look at the Applyanimation codes to understand what do I mean:

pawn Код:
{
    if(GetPVarInt(playerid, "LoggedIn") == 0) return SendClientMessage(playerid, COLOR_RED, "[ERROR]: You need to be logged in to use this command.");
    {
        if(fexist(HousePath(i)))
        {
            if(IsPlayerInRangeOfPoint(playerid, 2, House[i][ExtPosX], House[i][ExtPosY], House[i][ExtPosZ]) || IsPlayerInRangeOfPoint(playerid, 2, House[i][IntPosX], House[i][IntPosY], House[i][IntPosZ]))
            {
                {
                    {
                        House[i][hLocked] = 1;
                                            ApplyAnimation(playerid, "BD_FIRE", "wash_up", 4.0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1);//If I repeated this code, it will work
                        format(string, sizeof(string), " * %s locks the door to the house.", GetName(playerid));
                    }
                    else
                    {
                        House[i][hLocked] = 0;
                                           vApplyAnimation(playerid, "BD_FIRE", "wash_up", 4.0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1); // same here
                        format(string, sizeof(string), " * %s unlocks the door to the house.", GetName(playerid));
                    }
                }
                else return SendClientMessage(playerid, COLOR_GREY, "You don't own this house.");
            }
        }
    }
    return 1;
}

You should use "PreloadAnimationLib" function.

Ex.

Код:
public OnPlayerSpawn(playerid) {
    PreloadAnimationLib(playerid, "BD_FIRE");
}

Quote:
Originally Posted by icra
Посмотреть сообщение
You should use "PreloadAnimationLib" function.

Ex.

Код:
public OnPlayerSpawn(playerid) {
    PreloadAnimationLib(playerid, "BD_FIRE");
}
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTV
Посмотреть сообщение
I have the animation library pre loaded and I even have the animation used for something else and it works fine there with no changes to ApplyAnimation. Anyone know the issue?
I have it loaded already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youssef221
Посмотреть сообщение
It's a samp bug, you should write the Animation code twice, Look at the Applyanimation codes to understand what do I mean:

pawn Код:
{
    {
        if(fexist(HousePath(i)))
        {
            {
                {
                    {
                        House[i][hLocked] = 1;
                                            ApplyAnimation(playerid, "BD_FIRE", "wash_up", 4.0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1);//If I repeated this code, it will work
                    }
                    else
                    {
                        House[i][hLocked] = 0;
                                           vApplyAnimation(playerid, "BD_FIRE", "wash_up", 4.0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1); // same here
                    }
                }
            }
        }
    }
    return 1;
}
This didn't work sadly, the skin just twitches slightly to show that it's trying to execute.

Your code won't work because you are using 'if' instead of 'else if'. It would work like this:

pawn Код:
new variable = 0;
if(variable == 0) //Gets called because variable is equal to 0
{
    variable = 1; //variable is now equal to 1
}
else //Gets called because variable is no longer equal to 0
{
    variable = 0; //variable is equal to 0 again, nothing changes.
}
One solution is to use 'else if' rather than and 'if' statement. Or you can use the following code:
pawn Код:
{
    if(!GetPVarInt(playerid, "LoggedIn")) return SendClientMessage(playerid, COLOR_RED, "[ERROR]: You need to be logged in to use this command.");
    for(new i = 0; i < MAX_HOUSES; i++)
    {
        if(!fexist(HousePath(i))) continue;
        {
            if(Player[playerid][HouseID] != House[i][hID]) return SendClientMessage(playerid, COLOR_GREY, "You don't own this house.");
            new string[60];
            format(string, sizeof(string), (House[i][hLocked]) ? (" * %s unlocks the door to the house.") : (" * %s locks the door to the house."), GetName(playerid));
            House[i][hLocked] = (House[i][hLocked]) ? (0) : (1);
            break;
        }
    }
    return 1;
}

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threshold
Посмотреть сообщение
Your code won't work because you are using 'if' instead of 'else if'. It would work like this:

pawn Код:
new variable = 0;
if(variable == 0) //Gets called because variable is equal to 0
{
    variable = 1; //variable is now equal to 1
}
else //Gets called because variable is no longer equal to 0
{
    variable = 0; //variable is equal to 0 again, nothing changes.
}
One solution is to use 'else if' rather than and 'if' statement. Or you can use the following code:
pawn Код:
{
    if(!GetPVarInt(playerid, "LoggedIn")) return SendClientMessage(playerid, COLOR_RED, "[ERROR]: You need to be logged in to use this command.");
    {
        {
            if(Player[playerid][HouseID] != House[i][hID]) return SendClientMessage(playerid, COLOR_GREY, "You don't own this house.");
            new string[60];
            format(string, sizeof(string), (House[i][hLocked]) ? (" * %s unlocks the door to the house.") : (" * %s locks the door to the house."), GetName(playerid));
            break;
        }
    }
    return 1;
}
It's not that the command doesn't work, it works as intended functionally, but the animation won't play no matter what I try.

No... the command will work, but not the way you want it to.

Try the code I gave you and see if anything changes.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
No... the command will work, but not the way you want it to.

Try the code I gave you and see if anything changes.
Still doesn't play

Oh my god... I don't know how I missed it... you were putting the 'forcesync' parameter in place of the 'timer' parameter.
Код:
ApplyAnimation(playerid, animlib[], animname[], Float:fDelta, loop, lockx, locky, freeze, time, forcesync)
pawn Код:
ApplyAnimation(playerid, "BD_FIRE", "wash_up", 4.0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1);
Meaning time = 1, which means the animation would stop playing after 1 millisecond...

Use this:
pawn Код:
{
    {
        {
            new string[60];
            break;
        }
    }
    return 1;
}
References:
https://sampwiki.blast.hk/wiki/ApplyAnimation

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Oh my god... I don't know how I missed it... you were putting the 'forcesync' parameter in place of the 'timer' parameter.
Код:
ApplyAnimation(playerid, animlib[], animname[], Float:fDelta, loop, lockx, locky, freeze, time, forcesync)
pawn Код:
Meaning time = 1, which means the animation would stop playing after 1 millisecond...

Use this:
pawn Код:
{
    {
        {
            new string[60];
            break;
        }
    }
    return 1;
}
References:
https://sampwiki.blast.hk/wiki/ApplyAnimation
....I can't believe it either lol, thanks for the help :P