Discussion: Y_INI isn't suitable for a high-playerbase server?

Hello SA-MP members,

I heard that y_INI isn't suitable for high playerbase servers. According to some scripters that I talked with, they said, y_INI will become slower when you have a lot of players. So, they used MySQL.

Is this true or false? If it's true, how? Could someone explain?

Another question is, even if it's not true, will I face ANY problems with y_ini in the future (when my server has a high playerbase?)

You can't compare SQL language with INI. However, MySQL is more faster and professional.

Yes, RDBMS such as MySQL is more suited for gaming server. For exmaple, if you want to fetch richest users, in SQL it's much more efficient than with files - you'd have to open every single ini to get that value, and then compare them - using SQL it's a single query. But of course, you'll be now writing in 2 languages instead just in PAWN, you introduce more attack vectors, you need more resources for MySQL server running, and you rely on additional plugin to not introduce even more problems. If you are not familiar with SQL injection term, or don't see anything problematic about fields named "weapon0", "weapon1", "weaponX" - I wouldn't recommend using SQL language to you. But if you are willing to learn, then yeah. With great power comes great responsibility or something like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misiur
View Post
For exmaple, if you want to fetch richest users, in SQL it's much more efficient than with files - you'd have to open every single ini to get that value, and then compare them - using SQL it's a single query.
Or you could have a global stats file where the highest player is saved.

https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=574754

It depends more on the number of player who connect per second than the total number of players if you have an ini file for each player.y_ini does lot of work while parsing which is lot lot lot slower than MySQL.