SYS (OVH) Game Range Servers and 0.3.7

Hey,

Just wondering if anybody here is using 0.3.7 and the SYS (OVH) Game Server Dedicated Servers and have the game migration enabled? I know the service is still in beta and not too many people are using the actual service but it seems the filters aren't working correctly for 0.3.7 where players can't join and I wanted to know if anybody else is having this problem.

OVH VPS is a crap from my experience, get a dedicated server instead.

http://www.kimsufi.com/uk/

I have been using KS-2 SSD for 6 months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonelBurton
View Post
OVH VPS is a crap from my experience, get a dedicated server instead.

http://www.kimsufi.com/uk/

I have been using KS-2 SSD for 6 months.
you do realize that he is talking about a dedicated server, right? Also, that website is an OVH reseller, and there is no way in hell they are selling a full dedi for that price

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeiT
View Post
you do realize that he is talking about a dedicated server, right? Also, that website is an OVH reseller, and there is no way in hell they are selling a full dedi for that price
My bad then,

btw kimsufi and soyoustart(which offer the Game Servers) are a part of the OVH, not reseller.
Still kimsufi's dedis ain't same as main ovh or soyoustart servers, they are inferior to others, compare them..

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeiT
View Post
Kimsufi and SyS are run by OVH. They're all dedicated servers.

Hi,

I own a dedicated server from soyoustart.com (a OVH Reseller), they do have a good migration system its not perfect but if you know what you are doing with firewalls and extras security you will have no problems.

I have tried the gaming ones, But because I run multiple servers (sa-mp, minecraft), I decided to buy a dedicated one for about Ј40.80 a month (I also have 24 IP Address).

If for some chance you are under attack I would advise talking to the support team or if you have the money buy a one off price firewall. I believe the name is ASA Firewall (Never used it myself).

OVH offer decent servers, its really what you use them for.

I have no issues with 0.3.7 at all, if you are being attacked there is a forum thread for a plugin:

https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=551128 (Not sure if it works or does anything with 0.3.7)

that should help, if players are unable to join. I would suggest checking your firewall.

I have the same problem, the mitigation profil is not compatible with the 0.3.7.
Many players could not connect in game.
I already contact OVH, who working on it. OVH work with samp to create a new profil with the new cookie system.
Yesterday OVH has deployed a patch not perfect but it should correct the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azzerking
View Post
Hi,

I own a dedicated server from soyoustart.com (a OVH Reseller), they do have a good migration system its not perfect but if you know what you are doing with firewalls and extras security you will have no problems.

I have tried the gaming ones, But because I run multiple servers (sa-mp, minecraft), I decided to buy a dedicated one for about Ј40.80 a month (I also have 24 IP Address).

If for some chance you are under attack I would advise talking to the support team or if you have the money buy a one off price firewall. I believe the name is ASA Firewall (Never used it myself).

OVH offer decent servers, its really what you use them for.

I have no issues with 0.3.7 at all, if you are being attacked there is a forum thread for a plugin:

https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=551128 (Not sure if it works or does anything with 0.3.7)

that should help, if players are unable to join. I would suggest checking your firewall.
Hey this is about their game range they offer, not their normal DDoS protection already included, they offer a new range for game servers with special UDP filters --> http://www.soyoustart.com/ie/innovat.../game-servers/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hip-hop
View Post
I have the same problem, the mitigation profil is not compatible with the 0.3.7.
I already contact OVH, who working on it. OVH work with samp to create a new profil with the new cookie system.
Yesterday OVH has deployed a patch not perfect but it should correct the problem.
Thanks for the heads up I been trying to contact them and been basically getting back and forth told me they would contact the anti-ddos team a week later telling me to contact the anti-ddos team myself but gave me the wrong email so I will try it for sure

Quote:
View Post
Hello, I contacted OVH to talk about this patch they gave me the following answer.
Quote:

Good afternoon.

Probably this is the range of services on servers SyS "game" that have specific mitigation profiles for UDP, because the games are almost exclusively serve this protocol.

What emerges is unfounded. We suggest that you contact the guy in question and get more information about the patch; surely you should be in contact with the antiddos@ovh.net service. We suggest you check with the same.

Best regards,
Ludgero Gomes
OVH Portugal
Do you have some form of contact?

You must send an email to antiddos@ovh.net, but I'm in contact with a french technician OVH

Well the OVH Dedicated servers are not that bad but SyS is good about the anti DDOS script. Try to buy it from Hostskool. Use Hostskool it's better

Quote:
View Post
You must send an email to antiddos@ovh.net, but I'm in contact with a french technician OVH
How can I get in touch with this French?

Send me a PM

It seems like it is patched I re-applied the UDP migration filters for SA-MP over 12 hours ago and so far so good nobody is complaining of not being able to connect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake187
View Post
It seems like it is patched I re-applied the UDP migration filters for SA-MP over 12 hours ago and so far so good nobody is complaining of not being able to connect.
It's just a common problem with SA:MP but the opcodes and some filter scripts are missing. But some times, the invisible bots are the main problem in SA:MP servers like example: "The server is full, Retrying" thingy or sometimes the servers who doesn't actually connected in 0.3z anymore like this current server moved in 0.3.7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konverse
View Post
Well the OVH Dedicated servers are not that bad but SyS is good about the anti DDOS script. Try to buy it from Hostskool. Use Hostskool it's better
I think you're confused on what we're talking about on this topic. I was talking about their new game server dedicated servers range which offers DDoS Protection for actual games because the original OVH protection the UDP flood filters aren't made specially for a certain game they're made just for general use so if someone is smart enough and has the right tools they can take your server down easily and not be migrated.

These filters being specially designed for the game such as SA-MP and UDP impact provide the best protection for the actual game making it near impossible to actually take your server down and keep it from having the attack migrated. The filters make it so all attacks are noticed and migrated as much as possible, this meaning these servers are better for your community than the average OVH dedicated server with even permanent migration because as stated if someone is smart enough with the right tools they can avoid the migration system completely and look like legitimate users.

You can find these servers at
http://www.soyoustart.com/ie/innovat.../game-servers/

Of course stock is very limited and it's still in beta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake187
View Post
I think you're confused on what we're talking about on this topic. I was talking about their new game server dedicated servers range which offers DDoS Protection for actual games because the original OVH protection the UDP flood filters aren't made specially for a certain game they're made just for general use so if someone is smart enough and has the right tools they can take your server down easily and not be migrated.

These filters being specially designed for the game such as SA-MP and UDP impact provide the best protection for the actual game making it near impossible to actually take your server down and keep it from having the attack migrated. The filters make it so all attacks are noticed and migrated as much as possible, this meaning these servers are better for your community than the average OVH dedicated server with even permanent migration because as stated if someone is smart enough with the right tools they can avoid the migration system completely and look like legitimate users.

You can find these servers at
http://www.soyoustart.com/ie/innovat.../game-servers/

Of course stock is very limited and it's still in beta.
Okay thanks for the information you've been giving to me. You'll earn my respect for explaining of what's going on in this topic or whatnot. But anyway thanks I'll go and check that link you gave to me